• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vector 21B rangefinder binos available

CoryT

Gunsite Rangemaster
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 5, 2004
    Paulden, AZ
    www.gunsite.com
    I've got a line on Vector 21B binos, still in the crate, cleared for sale. Total of 15 are available. Nominal list price is $19,500 each. These will be $9000 each. They are in the original factory plastic bags for bulk shipment, no accessories, but all the basic addons are available via Ashbury International Group or Vectronix.

The are the military issue CLRF, 15k range, eyesafe, compass, inclinomoter, data port.

Contact me via PM if you are interested, I'm looking to close this deal by tommorrow.

Re: Vector 21B rangefinder binos available

Oooohhhh, man! I'm tempted.

But it's hard to snap-up a deal like that within 24 hours when I left my extra nine grand in my other pair of pants.
    laugh.gif

PM inbound.

Man, your timing blows
    frown.gif

Whelp....guess its time to go knock over the Quick - E - Mart again.

I don't need payment today, I'll hold them for a while. I'm just trying to get a sense of whether I should grab the whole lot, or just get a few for prople who say they REALLY want them.

I've got a couple more things to check out, but assuming no problems, I'll go pick them up on Monday. After that, it will be first come, first served. I don't expect I'll sell out in hours, evan at that price, they ain't cheap!

Maybe I can convince Buzz to pick up one for me
    wink.gif

OK, barring some unseen development, this is a done deal and I will have the units in hand mid week. I've got to fly myself out there and pick them up, testing each one. The weather is not real good until maybe Tuesday, so I won't be ready to lock people in until the week after next. I'll post a photo of the lot when I've got them back here.

Terms will be certified check or money order. Committing to send payment by a particular date less than a couple weeks out will get you a serial number and photos of your unit. The final total will include insured overnight UPS shipping. I will order standard lens caps and manuals. A soft case, ARD caps and data cable will be options you can add on.

As of now, I've got 6 pretty committed, with 3 more on the hook trying to get funds allocated. If all 15 are in as advertised condition, that leaves 6 available as of today.

Final price will depend on some additional expenses, I may work a deal with Vectronix for warranty coverage, like a service agreement at a fixed cost. They will be 10K or less, delivered, I'm hoping to hold 9. Since current retail on a IV is 13.7 and a 21 is 21.5, assuming you can stand in line long enough to get one, this will pretty much be a deal and a half.

I'm back with all 15 units! A number are spoken for, I still have at least 6 with no names attached. After next week, I'll need to raise the price and start making a wider notification, like auction sites and such so I can move these all out.

Vector21Bsarrive.jpg

There's some serious coin sitting right there!

Current price new is 21K+, you do the math. You really should have been there for the airline/TSA/crew antics trying to get on the plane with these, even with a complete aisle of full price seats! No fun flying commercial in the first place, but when you are 'That Guy!', it's even less fun.

Looking forward to getting my hands on them...

I emailed you my contact info. It'll be a done deal in the morning. Thanks!

You buy 2, lol.

That's come coin to be hauling around.lol

wow. to bad I wasn't sitting next to you on the plane....and mistakenly picked up your case instead of mine...

Do you do payment plans haha?

No installments, no trades for your firstborn. In fact, in most cases, trading in the kid will jack the price up some!

Just finished doing the final config and test on the systems, pinged a farmhouse out the back deck at 11997 meters. S/N's and PDF's of the user manual are going out to all confirmed buyers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cory.........adopt me please </div></div>

me too... LOL

Damn,
    I've been waiting for something like this for a long time.

What a time to be broke.

Cory I resonded over to your post at LRH.

Eddybo, I left you a reply there as well, in short, if you really want one we can work it out for your timeframe.

The first five are out the door tomorrow, two got picked up Saturday and one more is making a decision to pickup or ship. One's now up on EBay as I try and recover costs. I've got stuff comming to make up data cables, I'll make enough that everyone that gets one can order that as well, I should be able to get everything for under $75 each.

I'll bring one down the the TPRC match this Saturday, they are waterproof so the drool marks should come right off.

Cory,

Thanks for passing this on! I got them a few hours ago and just test drove them.....frikken incredible!!

All but one of the first eight are in users hands as of now. I don't expect to hear any complaints, they are simply outstanding pieces of equipment. It's a helluva investment true, but you can't buy better performance, you should enjoy these for many years to come.

These are unique, so far as I can tell these are the ONLY 21B's outside of the US Military.

Vector21005.jpg

I couldnt wait to get this thing out in the field and give it a go. The precision of this device is hard to describe. I was ranging the top of a steel fence post at around 500 meters, putting the the LED sight about 4" under the top of it. Directly behind it but 300 meters beyond was a dirt bank. If I moved the aim point only an inch or so right or left, it would range the bank. I found a power pole out at 1500 meters and lined it up with a grain elevator that was beyond it another 1500 meters,(3000 meters from where I was) The results were the same, marking the pole every time until I moved the sight just off to one side or the other, then marking the elevator. I dont know how they did it, but Vectronix got it right when they built this thing!!

The beam divergence is only .4 x .7 mil, combine that with incredible precision in the collimation of the optics and the quality of the lenses, well, you get the finest laser rangefinder binocular system presently available.

One buyer just reported stepping out and pinging a ridgeline from the back door of his house at 11,600 meters. The Newcon he tried to use in the last XLR class, with the same specs mind you, won't range half that.

It's crazy expensive to be sure, but worth every penny if you need that kind of performance.

The farthest reading I got with it today was just over 13,000 meters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The farthest reading I got with it today was just over 13,000 meters. </div></div>
    thats amazing... great piece of equipement, for a great guy, have fun with it buddy!!!

That is freaking amazing.

I could never afford them, but hope to get a chance to eye fuck a pair at some point.

Geez, I would want to insure the damn things.

ETA- any way for one of you guys to get some thru the glass pictures.

Here are some older shots through my Vector IV's

hillside.jpg

az-inc.jpg

These do not do any justice to the quality of the image.

What are the odds of a similar deal ever happening again, slim to none?

I think slim to none sums it up about rite.

This is the only time that 21B's have ever been available for public sale and I doubt it will ever happen again. That said, I do still have a few that are uncommitted.

OK, caps and field data cards are on the way. I also expect hard copies of the manuals. Here is a price list for additional accessories.

ARD lens caps = $150

2CR5 / 123 battery adapter (takes two 123 lithium cells, you can use rechargables) = $50

USMC issue Cordura soft case, w / shoulder strap (coyote brown) = $135

Viper to PC data cable with remote firing switch = $375

(I tried to source out the connectors and switch to build these, but the Fisher connector is built for Vectronix and for 15 they are $182.50 each. By the time I add wire, the DB9's and switches at $75 each, we might as well get the official Mil-Spec part.)

I'm still waiting on the tripod price list, I'll post as soon as it arrives.

vector008.jpg

vector009.jpg

To show the precision of this Vector 21 this picture is of a reading I got on the lightpole...probably 10" across at 1423 meters. I moved it just off the pole and marked the grain elevator behind it at 2689 meters....crazy accurate!

Hook these up to a PLGR, DAGR or FFS on a Nomad and you get the GPS location, can you say 'Fire Mission, over'.

Chiller, if you are here for the AZPRC match on the 6th you can fondle one.

Cory,
    You dont have any need for prosthetic or orthotic services by chance do you? I dont have 9k but thought I might have something to trade...
    Or, access to Bow hunt Iowa Whitetail! I have access to some good private ground..
    I know its a long shot but I would love to get a set of these! I have looked through these and WOW!
    OK now I'm just reaching.. ha-ha
    Good luck, what an opportunity!
    Thanks

Nirshad read the site rules before posting.

Last edited by a moderator: