• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vectronix PLRF 15C cold weather issues

mo0820

Private
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2012
Has anyone had any problem with their rangefinder not working in cold weather? I've changed out the batteries and tried to keep them warm...no luck, the unit still works.

Thanks for your help

fernando

I'm not sure if you had a typo or are bragging - (your unit still works) . My PLRF 15 has had no problems to speak of.

Cheers
oneshot

My PLRF 10 rocks and rolls in cold and very hot. It doesn't care what the temp is, at least compared to its owner!

Sounds like your batteries got zapped by the cold. I have never had any Vectronix PLRF die on me in any conditions.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I use the PLRF15 and 25 at work. Occasionally a 15 will stop working. We send it back (warranty) for repair or replacement.
We haven't had any issues with the 25s yet. Other than replacing the dying battery, have you checked your connections in the PLRF. Occasionally there is corrosion that can be brushed away with a toothbrush or removed with a sharp object (depending on the severity). Removing the battery when not in use, and keeping moisture out prevents this from happening.