• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vectronix PLRF05 pics

Re: Vectronix PLRF05 pics

Well boys, its sad but it's true. The TERRIPIN is the real deal. You can believe the ranges being posted. Mine ranges consistently out to 2000-2500 yds in full sunlight and over 4000 at dawn, dusk, and night, A Swaro and Lieca 1200 is junk compared to this unit. So if you want to get pissed now would be an appropriate time, just throw a junk iron fit. Y'all will feel much better when you get done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcmillanman5</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot1760</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree 100%,,,,,If your're gonna step up to the plate, step up to the plate and swing. I've owned several swaro's and have a leica 1600,,both of them have issues kissing 1,600 yards during mid day. I also have the PRLF10, and it smokes the swaro and Leica. I can get a solid 1,900 yards during mid day in scorching sunlight and a solid 2,500 yards when the sun is not beating down on the hill side.
I would not encourage anybody to spend $2,000 on a range finder that isn't much better than the Leica or Swaro. Save your money and get a PRLF 10.
My 2 cents
zman </div></div>

I have to disagree with this as well. I just got my PLRF05 last week and it absolutely kills what my swarovski could do. The Swaro was a great unit for its cost but I wanted something that could range further.

IMO the terrapin fills that role perfectly. I measured a white building at 4431 a few days ago in the middle of the afternoon. I was able to justify the 2k.... I don't think I could have justified the added cost of the plrf10. </div></div>

quite honestly after reading all these posts, Im kicking myself in the butt for not waiting. We only shoot out to 2000 yards or so...It sounds like the prlf 5 is all I needed. With this new product, Im not sure why anyone would want the 10. It sounds like you guys are getting distances that I can't even touch with my prlf 10

from my PLRF 10 C

P5180025.jpg

P5180033.jpg

reaching 2661 meters is standard thing for our PLRF10C .....

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot1760</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
quite honestly after reading all these posts, Im kicking myself in the butt for not waiting. We only shoot out to 2000 yards or so...It sounds like the prlf 5 is all I needed. With this new product, Im not sure why anyone would want the 10. It sounds like you guys are getting distances that I can't even touch with my prlf 10 </div></div>

I hope my post did not come off as sounding like the plrf10 is not worth the money... I just personally could not justify it for my needs.

Also I would be willing to bet that the plrf10 does have advantages over the terrapin. I was just wanting to provide first hand experience that the terrapin is leaps and bounds better than the Swaro.

Maybe a stupid question, as I don't even own a rangefinder:

At those distances, do you have to attach the rf to a stable support (i.e. tripod)
or are you ranging those distances hand-held?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe a stupid question, as I don't even own a rangefinder:

At those distances, do you have to attach the rf to a stable support (i.e. tripod)
or are you ranging those distances hand-held? </div></div>

My problem, is that it's hard to find good targets at distances beyond 2,500 yards in my area. But to answer your question, with my PRLF 10, I can pretty much pick up 2,500 yards just leaning my unit on an open window in my truck or leaning over my truck with my unit on the hood. My old Swaro needed a tripod just to pick up 1,800 consistantly. My PRLF10 can get 1,800 in a spilt second free hand.