• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vectronix Terrapin

Re: Vectronix Terrapin

Avoid Botach like a AIDS infested hooker, buy from anybody else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Avoid Botach like a AIDS infested hooker, buy from anybody else. </div></div>

Hahahaha! Sad but true.

I've ordered some things from them in the past. Some things I got within a week, some took 6 months. If you call and verify that they have it in stock, ready to go out the door, you have a chance of actually getting it in a reasonable amount of time - but you have been warned.

A friend ordered his directly from Vectronix for $1800, or at least that was what I was told FWIW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bh-ltr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Considering pulling the trigger on a Terrapin. Anyone know of a place to get a better deal than this:

http://www.botachtactical.com/vetepolarafi.html?gclid=CKfah6Cwt7MCFcaDQgodZHcA6A </div></div>

NO BOTACH! They pop up here on the hide periodically for a lot cheaper. </div></div>

Cheaper than $1,795? New?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bh-ltr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Considering pulling the trigger on a Terrapin. Anyone know of a place to get a better deal than this:

http://www.botachtactical.com/vetepolarafi.html?gclid=CKfah6Cwt7MCFcaDQgodZHcA6A </div></div>

NO BOTACH! They pop up here on the hide periodically for a lot cheaper. </div></div>

Cheaper than $1,795? New? </div></div>

Lol... uh no not new... but I believe they're well warrantied aren't they?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bh-ltr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Considering pulling the trigger on a Terrapin. Anyone know of a place to get a better deal than this:

Listen to these guys, AVOID botach, its a nightmare that you dont want brother!!! been there and wish i have never heard of them.. but you do what you want

Botach avoided. Now if I find one used that could be quite cool!

If you don't go with the lightly used one, look up CoryT here on the hide. He is a dealer/distributor and gets good deals from time to time.

I've sent funds to Jason C. The unit he has is new and unused and he's offering a very fair price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bh-ltr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've sent funds to Jason C. The unit he has is new and unused and he's offering a very fair price. </div></div>

You beat me to it. Very nice grab.
grin.gif

Well anyone clicking on this thread probably isn't interested but I'm going to be having a Leupold RX-III in good condition for sale...

I have to give credit to where credit is due....hang on.

I called Botach last Friday morning, confirmed that they did indeed have the Terrapin in stock and ordered one. Confirmation of the unit being shipped was received that afternoon and arrived at my door step Tuesday afternoon.

Shipping was free and the price was $200 cheaper than anywhere else I could find one.

Yeah, I know I rolled the dice, but I won this time
smile.gif

Oh and the Terrapin really kicks ass!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fongman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to give credit to where credit is due....hang on.

I called Botach last Friday morning, confirmed that they did indeed have the Terrapin in stock and ordered one. Confirmation of the unit being shipped was received that afternoon and arrived at my door step Tuesday afternoon.

Shipping was free and the price was $200 cheaper than anywhere else I could find one.

Yeah, I know I rolled the dice, but I won this time
smile.gif

Oh and the Terrapin really kicks ass! </div></div>

this seems to be the general experience with botach. its like religious snake handlers. you can take up the serpents and dance with them. perhaps most of the time the snakes wont bite you, but the possibility is always there and when it happens it sux...

botach in this instance bites when it lets you pay but doesnt have the item in stock when it comes time to deliver. thats what i've heard more than once.

I've only bought from them a 1/2 dozens times or so, but have never had a problem. BUT I always call to confirm inventory. And in this instance I called twice and confirmed it with customer service who I had call the warehouse and then again with sales... too much money to mess around.

When they have deals - they are really hard to beat. Last time I bought from them I ordered two Aimpoint T1s for $400 a piece.

Does anyone know if the Terrapin has a corrective eye piece (for lack of the correct term)?

I wear glasses and wanted to know if you can adjust the eye-piece(s) to correct for my uncorrected vision.

Alina Hussey
Contract Administrator

POTOMAC RIVER GROUP - West
571-234-1PRG (1774)

The price is $1825 plus $20 next day Fedex shipping. The manufacturer announced a price increase due to happen March 1. This price I quoted you is reduced from $1995.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrivera</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if the Terrapin has a corrective eye piece (for lack of the correct term)?...</div></div>

The Terrapin does have an adjustable ocular.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrivera</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if the Terrapin has a corrective eye piece (for lack of the correct term)?

I wear glasses and wanted to know if you can adjust the eye-piece(s) to correct for my uncorrected vision.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Alina Hussey
Contract Administrator</span>

POTOMAC RIVER GROUP - West
571-234-1PRG (1774)

The price is $1825 plus $20 next day Fedex shipping. The manufacturer announced a price increase due to happen March 1. This price I quoted you is reduced from $1995.

</div></div>

Great folks to deal with right there!
They did a group buy for the Hide a while back.

Thanks for the info Nukes.. I need to jump on this before the price goes up in March...

fw707, I was around for the group buy, I hesitated and missed out... Alina is one of kind... I contacted Alina after about a year of sitting on the fence. Alina is as always, the nicest person to speak with...

She did mention that the Terrapin is now an ITAR item like all the other product (LRF) from Vectronix... Go figure...

I appreciate the quick response...Guys..

Happy Holiday and a Healthy New Year to All....

As of last Wednesday, the Botachtactical.com price of $1,795 for the Terrapin was adjusted back up to $1,995. I was set to buy last week - just waiting to hear back on an email confirmation that the units were in stock (got tired of holding & leaving messages on their phone line). Missed out on their sale - and I'm still waiting for an answer (now a mute point). Great price, but terrible customer service. I'll bide my time and see if another dealer/sponsor matches that price.

@Frogman -- just make sure to liberally wipe with alcohol before use...

also I guess now I have to move on one before March...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Avoid Botach like a AIDS infested hooker, buy from anybody else. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrivera</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
fw707, I was around for the group buy, I hesitated and missed out... Alina is one of kind... I contacted Alina after about a year of sitting on the fence. Alina is as always, the nicest person to speak with...
</div></div>

I missed out on the group buy too, but Alina was able to help me out a little when I was ready to buy mine.
She is certainly one of a kind!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azsugarbear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As of last Wednesday, the Botachtactical.com price of $1,795 for the Terrapin was adjusted back up to $1,995. I was set to buy last week - just waiting to hear back on an email confirmation that the units were in stock (got tired of holding & leaving messages on their phone line). Missed out on their sale - and I'm still waiting for an answer (now a mute point). Great price, but terrible customer service. I'll bide my time and see if another dealer/sponsor matches that price. </div></div>

azsugarbear

IMO - call Alina... You might pay $50(total) more assuming you get it for $1,795 - shipped, but you get no headaches, no nonsense and next day delivery... I'm putting in my order tomorrow... I just reloaded my credit card today....LOL

I bought one from Alina when they did their group buy. It was delivered promptly when promised. Alina was nice and very helpful.

I've had problems with Botach as well. If they really have it in stock, then you are probably okay, but if not you are liable to be screwed.

Much rather deal with POTOMAC RIVER GROUP with a small premium isn't of risk it with Botach.

Alina has a side kick and her name is Sharon @ POTOMAC RIVER GROUP.. She use to work for Vectronix and she is just as wonderful as Alina... Gave her a call this morning @ (571-252-7324) and placed my order for the Terrapin... It should be here tomorrow...

Total Price $1,845..

Just like they promised my new Terrapin delivered @ 10:30am by Fedex...

472597_481011475284041_1184894955_o.jpg

These are my Mountains..
478370_481011408617381_1577157802_o.jpg

This is the building on 57th Street that the crane fell down during hurricane Sandy..
68845_481011438617378_1732979920_n.jpg

First Reading
407294_481011451950710_1506214278_n.jpg

Chrysler Building
74056_481011411950714_2021542352_n.jpg

Second Reading
399276_481011488617373_1332728333_n.jpg

Thank you Alina and Sharon you girls rock...