• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vehicle console safe

Fireman1291

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2008
Well I finally got around to finishing this review. I wanted to release it 2 weeks ago but I came down with the flu and couldn't record the voice over until now.

This is a review on the Console Safe from Locker Down™. I was impressed with the construction and seamless interface with my existing console. It looks factory and it tough as hell! So I had to do a video on it.

When I posted the sneak peak pics on my Facebook fan page there was so much buzz over it the owner gave me my own coupon code to give out to my subscribers! This is the first time this has happened with any of my reviews so I think thats pretty neat. The 15% coupon code saves you quite a bit of money and from what I gathered when on the phone with him, he's not making much off these when it comes down to steel, powder coat, locks, padding, hardware, and shipping costs. So it was nice of him to offer this discount.

Hope you enjoy the video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHV--toD8pY

Note: In no way am I affiliated nor to I get a kickback or anything like that. This review is just meant to help those who need a safe and to support a pro-gun American small business owner.

Looks like an excellent safe. 12 gauge is heavier that other consoles have, from what I have seen. Rather than a magnet, you could use a holster and RTI wheel/quick disconnect from G-Code. This would be much more secure during a quick stop or crash, and would not scratch your gun like a magnet probably would.

Looks like an excellent safe. 12 gauge is heavier that other consoles have, from what I have seen. Rather than a magnet, you could use a holster and RTI wheel/quick disconnect from G-Code. This would be much more secure during a quick stop or crash, and would not scratch your gun like a magnet probably would.

The magnet is wrapped in Kydex. My situation is different as I want to secure cans, that and I have the magnets all over my house lol.

Good reason not to live in Ohio. Er i mean ANOTHER good reason

You go to jail in Ohio for having that I think.
First person in Northeast Ohio arrested under 'hidden compartment' law
""During the search, they noticed some components inside the vehicle that did not appear to be factory," says Lt. Michael Combs with State Highway Patrol."

Nope this would be ok. It's a safe that is designed to fit into a OEM arm rest. That law you are speaking of was made to go after drug dealers and those who transport drugs. I have seen a couple of drug dogs hit on a car in an odd place but not be able to locate the drugs. Theses are people that have been arrested and convicted of trafficking in narcotics ect. I may end up getting one of these safes for my truck lol thanks for posting.

Last edited:
You go to jail in Ohio for having that I think.
First person in Northeast Ohio arrested under 'hidden compartment' law
""During the search, they noticed some components inside the vehicle that did not appear to be factory," says Lt. Michael Combs with State Highway Patrol."

Nice way to spread an internet rumor that is complete bullshit. Did you read the statute before posting your bullshit? If it isn't too much bother, read para I.

SECTION 1. That section 2923.241 of the Revised Code be enacted to read as follows:

Sec. 2923.241. (A) As used in this section:

(1) "Controlled substance" has the same meaning as in section 3719.01 of the Revised Code.

(2) "Hidden compartment" means a container, space, or enclosure that conceals, hides, or otherwise prevents the discovery of the contents of the container, space, or enclosure. "Hidden compartment" includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:

(a) False, altered, or modified fuel tanks;

(b) Any original factory equipment on a vehicle that has been modified to conceal, hide, or prevent the discovery of the modified equipment's contents;

(c) Any compartment, space, box, or other closed container that is added or attached to existing compartments, spaces, boxes, or closed containers integrated or attached to a vehicle.

(3) "Vehicle" has the same meaning as in section 4511.01 of the Revised Code and includes, but is not limited to, a motor vehicle, commercial tractor, trailer, noncommercial trailer, semitrailer, mobile home, recreational vehicle, or motor home.

(4) "Motor vehicle," "commercial trailer," "trailer," "noncommercial trailer," "semitrailer," "mobile home," "manufacturer," "recreational vehicle," and "motor home" have the same meanings as in section 4501.01 of the Revised Code.

(5) "Motor vehicle dealer" has the same meaning as in section 4517.01 of the Revised Code.

(B) No person shall knowingly design, build, construct, or fabricate a vehicle with a hidden compartment, or modify or alter any portion of a vehicle in order to create or add a hidden compartment, with the intent to facilitate the unlawful concealment or transportation of a controlled substance.

(C) No person shall knowingly operate, possess, or use a vehicle with a hidden compartment with knowledge that the hidden compartment is used or intended to be used to facilitate the unlawful concealment or transportation of a controlled substance.

(D) No person who has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to a violation of aggravated trafficking in drugs under section 2925.03 of the Revised Code that is a felony of the first or second degree shall operate, possess, or use a vehicle with a hidden compartment.

(E) Whoever violates division (B) of this section is guilty of designing a vehicle with a hidden compartment used to transport a controlled substance. Except as otherwise provided in this division, designing a vehicle with a hidden compartment used to transport a controlled substance is a felony of the fourth degree. If the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to a violation of division (B) of this section, designing a vehicle with a hidden compartment used to transport a controlled substance is a felony of the third degree.

(F) Whoever violates division (C) or (D) of this section is guilty of operating a vehicle with a hidden compartment used to transport a controlled substance. Except as otherwise provided in this division, operating a vehicle with a hidden compartment used to transport a controlled substance is a felony of the fourth degree. Except as otherwise provided in this division, if the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to a violation of division (C) or (D) of this section, operating a vehicle with a hidden compartment used to transport a controlled substance is a felony of the third degree. If the hidden compartment contains a controlled substance at the time of the offense, operating a vehicle with a hidden compartment used to transport a controlled substance is a felony of the second degree.

(G) This section does not apply to any law enforcement officer acting in the performance of the law enforcement officer's duties.

(H)(1) This section does not apply to any licensed motor vehicle dealer or motor vehicle manufacturer that in the ordinary course of business repairs, purchases, receives in trade, leases, or sells a motor vehicle.

(2) This section does not impose a duty on a licensed motor vehicle dealer to know, discover, report, repair, or disclose the existence of a hidden compartment to any person.

(I) This section does not apply to a box, safe, container, or other item added to a vehicle for the purpose of securing valuables, electronics, or firearms provided that at the time of discovery the box, safe, container, or other item added to the vehicle does not contain a controlled substance or visible residue of a controlled substance.

I have had a handful of people ask me about making them kydex holsters to mount in their vehicles. (Steering column mount, seat mount, console mount). Personally, I want my side arm on my side at all times. But I guess different strokes for different folks!

I have had a handful of people ask me about making them kydex holsters to mount in their vehicles. (Steering column mount, seat mount, console mount). Personally, I want my side arm on my side at all times. But I guess different strokes for different folks!

This is for storage when not in the vehicle. I keep my 340PD on me when in the vehicle. My G34 is my range work/truck gun/SHTF glad I had a large capacity pistol with me gun, so it stays in the safe. I also keep a Rem870 in the truck.
duha3_zpsf71a8ea8.jpg

Nope this would be ok. It's a safe that is designed to fit into a OEM arm rest. That law you are speaking of was made to go after drug dealers and those who transport drugs. I have seen a couple of drug dogs hit on a car in an odd place but not be able to locate the drugs. Theses are people that have been arrested and convicted of trafficking in narcotics ect. I may end up getting one of these safes for my truck lol thanks for posting.

AHHHHH that poster was talking about a "trap"

Drug dealers/smugglers use them to hide drugs.

One must not spread BS on the gun forums…….

As one can clearly read in section I at that very bottom the law accounts for a safe and for securing firearms as long as no drug or drug residue is located in the safe. As I said all good.