• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vendors that let you buy 22lr ammo by lot #

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Who knows of some?

I found one, but wanted to compare prices as well as how many lots of each ammo they have.

If your shooting Eley then Killough is the way to go. I have done a lot of business with Dan Killough and have to say he is one stand up guy. He really takes care of his customers. If your after Lapua then I always go to Champions Choice, I have been dealing with them since the early 90's. Also great people. The only thing is you have to call for lot #s with Champions Choice...

Champions Choice is also good with ammo lot selection

If your shooting Eley then Killough is the way to go. I have done a lot of business with Dan Killough and have to say he is one stand up guy. He really takes care of his customers. If your after Lapua then I always go to Champions Choice, I have been dealing with them since the early 90's. Also great people. The only thing is you have to call for lot #s with Champions Choice...

Ive ordered from them but didnt know you hsd to call and ask.

Oh, this is a cool tool to play with also:
    http://www.myeley.com/lot-analyser

Im tempted to lot test Tenex. Had 2 boxes of it and while it didnt group the greatest for me, but still not bad, the ES and SD were crazy low over both boxes. Even with Center X ill get 1 or 2 that push the ES to 40; curious if I coild find a Tenex lot the barrel liked as well as get the low ES for 200+yards.

Ive ordered from them but didnt know you hsd to call and ask.

Maybe you can put your lot number in the order notes, but they don't show what lot #s they have and allow you to order a specific lot on the website. So I have always called (back when I cared about lot #s that is...)

As mentioned above Killough Shooting sports, Champions Choice ( Pearson's), Carl Joss's company - Champion Shooters Supply in Ohio is also good to deal with on ammo lot testing and purchasing

Maybe you can put your lot number in the order notes, but they don't show what lot #s they have and allow you to order a specific lot on the website. So I have always called (back when I cared about lot #s that is...)

Whats the reason you dontr care about lots?

I've had a Center X lot that shot fantastic, ran out, had a different lot with me and shot it out of the same gun right after shooting the first lot and it was horrible.

Laziness I suppose... ha!
    I honestly don’t have time to truly test for it. So I just buy random lot # and if I find something great I’ll buy some, but that’s about the extent of it.

Neil at International Shooters Service will sell by lot also - he carries Eley and RWS and is a great guy to talk to.

For those that have tested by the lot on your own and also sent the rifle to Lapua or Eley for testing, did your own testing work out as well or isn't it easier and faster, to let Lapua and / or Eley figure it out?

For those that have tested by the lot on your own and also sent the rifle to Lapua or Eley for testing, did your own testing work out as well or isn't it easier and faster, to let Lapua and / or Eley figure it out?

Easier... maybe

more accurate... depends

Faster... only if you live close enough to not ship/travel

Whether it's worth while or not likely depends on your discipline/goals.

Personally... their testing told me accuracy results at given distances which didn't prove linear further out and ultimately not very useful for the matches I like to shoot. Which is unfortunate as I was stuck with 2,500rds(the minimum commitment) of expensive ammo that didn't work all that well for my intended purposes. A single range session putting just a few lots and/or brands across a chrono and driving on with whatever produces the lowest ES has proven far more valuable for my pocket book and match results. Of course YMMV

Reactions: Rolltide
    I appreciate the response Goose! My question was a bit vague, but you gave the exact info I was looking for. I've heard of people getting great results from shipping their rifle to Eley or Lapua, but several of them shoot IR50/50 or another version of benchrest. I've had several brands of ammo that were impressive at 50 yards, that seem to fall apart farther out...Thanks again!