• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Feedback VENMO BEWARE!

Rokfor2K

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2017
PA, 19053
This is my personal experience, but I have to let other members know how I am stuck with Venmo for 1200USD.

I bought a computer component from my friend via Venmo and indicated a component name in comments section. The amount is 1200USD. After that both my account and seller account were frozen. I received a letter from Venmo that my activity is against community standards and that my ID should be reviewed in order to avoid fraud activity. I sent them Driver ID and received a reply that my account has been disabled permanently. In order to have my money back I had to send them the latest bank statement with account info and should wait up to 180 days. While I admit that I took the risk of paying to a seller over the internet, it does not grant Venmo the right to hold my funds for such a long period. I know a lot of members are actively using this payment service but keep in mind not to put any info about the product in comments or avoid paying via Venmo at all. The worst money transfer service I ever encountered.

Last edited:
That sucks! Sounds like they stole your money. I would contact the AG in your state to report this theft.

Reactions: Rokfor2K
I had the same thing happen with PayPal. Hacked into my account and added a chime card and deposited $200 and withdrew $150 10 times in a row in one name and 4 times in another. Seems like that would throw a flag but apparently it didn’t. And with the covid situation there is no customer service I can talk with. When it was done I was in the hole $1150 and they want me to pay it. I contacted one of the names they used and asked what info they had for the transaction and that guy accused me of stealing money from him. So multiple people got stuck.

Reactions: Rokfor2K
I had the same thing happen with PayPal. Hacked into my account and added a chime card and deposited $200 and withdrew $150 10 times in a row in one name and 4 times in another. Seems like that would throw a flag but apparently it didn’t. And with the covid situation there is no customer service I can talk with. When it was done I was in the hole $1150 and they want me to pay it. I contacted one of the names they used and asked what info they had for the transaction and that guy accused me of stealing money from him. So multiple people got stuck.
Such stories convince me more and more about getting back to certified money orders within a trusted community.

Yea I’ve used Zelle a time or two and it seems ok. Ya never really know

This is my personal experience, but I have to let other members know how I am stuck with Venmo for 1200USD.

I bought a computer component from my friend via Venmo and indicated a component name in comments section.
i know nothing about venmo, but you're not allowed to send payments for computer parts? or is that code for GUNS? what is legal to pay for via venmo, hookers and blow?

i know nothing about venmo, but you're not allowed to send payments for computer parts? or is that code for GUNS? what is legal to pay for via venmo, hookers and blow?
Their statement is that you should use this service between those who you trust and never pay for the goods. But this is my friend, I am sending him the money, I trust him. Apparently they considered it as a commercial sale, ok... If you look at their web site and transaction statistics - people throughout the country are sending tons of money buying tons of shit. They even do not bother explaining why, so I can only guess.

wait, hang on, you're actually able to reach and talk to CS people!!?? i thought that was an urban legend.
I’ve never had to use it before this. Hundreds of PayPal transactions that were flawless. Just never use the G word. I’m done with them at this point.