• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors VENT: getting rid of my 1911...retarded

Maximusmax51

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2010
United States
Months back i traded out my TRP for a great optic (IOR 1.5-8). But now after running the 308 with it Im kicking myself in the a** because now I'm wanting my 1911 back, and more mag on the optic. Should've stuck with my 1911!! Ok i feel better now... time to save pennies for a 1911...

Re: VENT: getting rid of my 1911...retarded

That's why I can never bring myself to sell anything. I know I bought it for a reason in the first place and eventually, I will want it back.

I guess "live and learn", right?! Its like in school when they tell you your first answer is usually the right one.

Thats allright, you can always buy another one. Now you know better. I sold a rifle once, said I'll never do it again. I'll sell my girlfriend or house before I sell a gun!

hahahah funny you should say that. Im in the market for a ring, and her mother suggested me selling some guns... NOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT! Good thing the chick knows that and respects it, or id be shopping for more than another 1911.

Why do they make gun safes?

To keep the (unintelligent) wife from getting divorced.
grin.gif

made the same mistake before got rid of a full built 1911 and kicked myself in the ass for a long time until i got a different one

I feel your pain. I sold a Dan Wesson Valor last year, and I've regretted it ever since.

I have owned the same gun more than once .
Still trying not selling something unless I just hate it

if the gun is a standard model like a glock, HK, remington SPS, mk12 etc something that i can easily replace i don't usually mind selling/trading away but when its been customized or changed, or was a custom build i picked specs on, or is worth over 3k dollars, lol i don't because i know damn well i'll kick myself later.

For what it's worth, springfield makes TRP's every day of the week, and you can always make more $.......but I feel your pain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nostradumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For what it's worth, springfield makes TRP's every day of the week, and you can always make more $.......but I feel your pain. </div></div>

I just picked up a TRP standard A-Kote today for $985 in incredible shape. I see them on GB for hundreds and hundreds more, but I don's see a lot of them, standard or otherwise. Maybe most people don't get rid of them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's why I can never bring myself to sell anything. I know I bought it for a reason in the first place and eventually, I will want it back.</div></div>
Yeah, I gotta side with you on this one Carter. I used to have a policy where "gun money" stayed "gun money" & I had to sell/trade something to get something new. However my new policy has me buying whatever I want & selling nothing... it's working out a lot better!!!

Hopefully it won't be long before you can replace you TRP. As someone said, they are a very popular gun and you should be able to find one when you have the funds.

By and large I don't sell the guns I already have; however, I have sold a handful and generally have been happy with the results. I use the money from those sales to fund new purchases; however, I make sure that when I make the sale I am getting rid of something I don't like-I try not to get rid of something I like in order to get something else I think I will like (don't know if that makes sense).

When I first say the title of this thread I thought the OP was going to get rid of his 1911 b/c he thought it was retarded and I was going to try to make a case for keeping it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maximusmax51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im in the market for a ring, and her mother suggested me selling some guns...</div></div>

Oh man, if her mother is telling you to do that now I feel sorry for you when she becomes your mother-in-law.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NUTT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maximusmax51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im in the market for a ring, and her mother suggested me selling some guns...</div></div>

Oh man, if her mother is telling you to do that now I feel sorry for you when she becomes your mother-in-law. </div></div>

Not to play devil's advocate, but if you want it you better put a ring on it. Just sayin' ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NUTT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maximusmax51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im in the market for a ring, and her mother suggested me selling some guns...</div></div>

Oh man, if her mother is telling you to do that now I feel sorry for you when she becomes your mother-in-law. </div></div>

Not to play devil's advocate, but if you want it you better put a ring on it. Just sayin' ... </div></div>

COPY THAT hahah, work in progress. Should be this summer!