• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Veracity vs Tango4 vs PST Gen 1

entoptics

Private
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2017
Greetings all. Having trouble finding good info on the Veracity 5-25 scope and Sig Tango4 6-24, and figured this would be the place to ask.

I'm an experienced long range shooter, and have very specific requirements (see below). The Oracles (google and youtube) didn't provide me with much hard data, and I visited 5 stores recently and none had the Sig or Burris available to handle. I've handled and shot the PST, so I'm hoping you guys can help with the other two.

Why I think these 3 scopes are the final contenders...

0) Will mostly be on a Savage LRH 300 win, but will occasionally see "shooting for groups" duty on a couple of AR 15/10 platforms and my other bolt guns. Illumination isn't needed (e.g. Veracity) but it seems to be bundled with the other feature set I'm looking at for most manufacturers.

1) Budget! - I can barely afford any of the above (will happily fall back is a Vortex HS-T 6-24), but I'm sort of interested in a FFP optic.

2) Weight - This will mostly be a target optic, but also some hunting and some informal run-n-gun competitions. A 30+ ounce optic is a no go.

3) MOA reticle, 1/4 MOA clicks...I'm looking at you Vortex HSLR..., and zero stop turrets.

Biggest questions I'd like answered about the Burris and Sig...

1) FFP reticle size? The PST reticle is pretty dang small, and is only "ideal" for me at 24X, so I'm wondering if the others are the same. If so, I'll probably stick with an HS-T 6-24 and save the $$ for bullets...

2) Glass quality comparison?

3) Turret operation and features, and reticle tracking reliability.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from people with experience and/or get some links to some thorough reviews/comparisons/etc.

Have you looked at the Athlon Line of Riflescopes?

They have their Argos BTR Series which are FFP scopes, 1-4x24, 6-24x50 and 8-34x56 all under $400.00
Here is a review of the Argos BTR posted here recently

They offer their Helos BTR Series in 6-24x50 and 8-34x56 both available in MOA & MIL under $600.00

Next up the line is their Ares BTR Series in 2.5-15x50 and 4.5-27x50, also MOA & MIL under $800.00

Their top of the line is their Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 which is priced $700.00 below the competitions parallel offering

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else we can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Rd
Old Bethpage NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our website @ www.cameralandny.com

Last edited:
I've looked through both the Tango 4 and Veracity. I like them both.

I have spent a lot more time behind the Burris, so I can help you with some of those questions.

I hunt year round with the XTR II using the SCR reticle. I don't have any issues with visibility down to 4x. yes, it gets a little thin there, but not so much so that you will have trouble picking it up. The only time I had an issue was last season at first light. The sun had just come up and was in my face, but I was looking back towards an opposite ridge watching a black bear move through the dark, shaded timber. My reticle was washed out as everything was dark. I flipped on my illumination and the problem was solved. That's the only time I have ever used illumination.

The glass is very good, as this is essentially the same glass as the XTR II. Turrets and tracking are excellent. I have never heard of anyone ever having a tracking issue with a Veracity.

This is a really good scope. I plan on getting one for myself for my 6.5 Grendel that I hunt lions and wolves with as soon as they roll out the mil version.