• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Very best in AR-10 260 Remington

Ryguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2013
Las Vegas
I have decided on my son's 16th birthday gift and it will be an AR 10 or subtype in 260 Remington. Who makes the very best, hands down? I hear GAP is very good, are there any other considerations? His birthday is still a year out, I am anticipating a long wait time if required from a reputable smith/manufacture. Thanks.

I'd go with a GAP or JP, either one of those will serve you well.

I have decided on my son's 16th birthday gift and it will be an AR 10 or subtype in 260 Remington. Who makes the very best, hands down? I hear GAP is very good, are there any other considerations? His birthday is still a year out, I am anticipating a long wait time if required from a reputable smith/manufacture. Thanks.

Your son better be FRICKING GRATEFUL for what a cool dad he has!
GAP and JP are pretty much the tops when it comes to precision gassers, besides other, smaller custom builders. Also, Spartan Precision Rifles has a very highly regarded AR10 build and they have an impeccable reputation here on the 'Hide also:
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...es/222561-ar-10s-spartan-precision-rifles.htm

Spartan Precision Rifles | AR308

Last edited:
A used car will be cheaper than any of those complete with optics.

Your son better be FRICKING GRATEFUL for what a cool dad he has!

I am the lucky one. He has always been an easy kid, since day one. Get this, he came home the other day and said he was having trouble deciding between West Point or Yale. I told him I like the price of West Point much better.

I am the lucky one. He has always been an easy kid, since day one. Get this, he came home the other day and said he was having trouble deciding between West Point or Yale. I told him I like the price of West Point much better.

He's not a great kid by accident! West Point or Yale? You obviously did something, very, very, very right.
You have been blessed with a winner, and he probably learned it from his parents. Good job!

...Sorry if the cheerleading is annoying, I just think that good parents don't get the credit from society in general that they should.

It was his mother, no kidding. She is from Shanghai, China and does not accept anything but perfection. Maybe it was a blend of high standards and huge rewards for meeting those standards. Plus his uncle is a real degenerate and he got to see what happens when you use drugs, have illegitimate children, get poor grades, etc.. Who knows, he may have some sort of serious hidden demons just waiting to exact revenge. Or worse, be gay.

My GA Precision .260 Remington AR is the most accurate rifle I own. I had it built before the GAP-10 existed, using DPMS receivers & BCG, Bartlein barrel, JP/VTAC handguard, Geissele SSA-E trigger, MI steel gas block.

It shoots really well from 100yds to 1000yds +.

I would seriously consider getting a DPMS GII, sending to a reputable AR smith who has years of accuracy work behind AR10's, and let them do a conversion to .260 Remington.

If GAP isn't taking that kind of work, send it to Precision Firearms.

It was his mother, no kidding. She is from Shanghai, China and does not accept anything but perfection. Maybe it was a blend of high standards and huge rewards for meeting those standards. Plus his uncle is a real degenerate and he got to see what happens when you use drugs, have illegitimate children, get poor grades, etc.. Who knows, he may have some sort of serious hidden demons just waiting to exact revenge. Or worse, be gay.

Why would being gay be a bad thing?

Good grief....winny

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

It's perfectly suitable question following an asinine statement

And to keep it on topic OP; I can't say enough good things about JP. I have no experience w/ GAP however, and anyone who has the following they do can't be any worse.

Last edited:
image.jpg
Why would being gay be a bad thing?

I suggest that you investigate FD Defense./
Umm... Not what I would recommend.

Here's F&D/Sniper's Hide history in a nutshell: Mentioned on here, shills arrived, owners of the company arrived, shit talking galore, objective evaluation of rifle performed with GAP-10 smoking it, more shit talking, F&D banned from mention on SH yet shills arrive on occasion talking much shit. Threads on that company last less than 24 hours, so you won't find much at all on SH about them. The hell with burning a bridge, they hit it with a JDAM and put themselves in the same category as TR.net. Quite a feat if you ask me...

GAP, Spartan or JP is where I would look at for a premium large frame AR, depending on how long you want to wait and what you want to do with it.

Another vote for GAP or JP, but I'll also throw another hat in the ring: the LMT MWS. I have a 16" ss barrel and it's scary accurate.

My GA Precision .260 Remington AR is the most accurate rifle I own. I had it built before the GAP-10 existed, using DPMS receivers & BCG, Bartlein barrel, JP/VTAC handguard, Geissele SSA-E trigger, MI steel gas block.

It shoots really well from 100yds to 1000yds +.

I would seriously consider getting a DPMS GII, sending to a reputable AR smith who has years of accuracy work behind AR10's, and let them do a conversion to .260 Remington.

If GAP isn't taking that kind of work, send it to Precision Firearms.

What all would this entail?

Is it as simple as swapping the barrel out? Or will it need a new bolt?

I own a JP LRP-07 in .260, and that thing is just an absolute hammer. I haven't even had a chance to shoot it much, but just doing some basic load development gave me an opportunity to see it's potential. Although I have no personal experience with a GAP, their reputation precedes them. The JP would likely be a lighter rifle, however.

I have since become a major shill for JP rifles. Their barrels are absolutely sick; combined with the LMOS, silent capture spring, and compensator, it feels like their is a pillow travelling through the buffer tube. The side charging feature of the LRP's is also super slick.

ETA - Another advantage is time...JP's build time is quoted as 12-16 weeks, often coming in much earlier than that.

Last edited:
GAP or JP. Both in a league of their own and incredibly accurate rifles and well built. They are truly custom rifles.
LaRue OBR second.
Anything else third.

I sold my GAP to buy a JP. Both chambered in .308, both shot just about as accurately as the other. Biggest difference and the reason for going from one to the other was weight. My JP weighs a little more than half of what my Gap-10 weighed. Great people at both companies and both really great products. If possible try to get your hands on both before buying. You can't go wrong with either but for my preferences, I've been happier with the JP.

MATEN matched upper/lower

ARMALITE Bolt Carrier Group - It's the correct answer over GAP and JP for all the right reasons when going sub 30 cal., hell, any cal.

ARMALITE Barrel Extension mated to a Bartlein piece of pipe {let Accurate Ordnance do the work in 6.5 CM}

Stock of your choice

One Piece Scope Mount

Geissele Trigger

SYRAC Adj. Gas Block 0.936 Clamp-On FTW

What ever else you wish

[marklevinvoice]THERE I SAID IT!!![/marklevinvoice]

Me? I'd buy my son an ARMALITE A10TBNF:

A10TBNF.jpg

What scrotumite in Advertising @ ARMALITE thought that those rings were the way to go?

While he is shooting the .308 20" barrel out, purchase a few ARMALITE AR-10 barrel extensions {$70 each} . Send two of them off
to Accurate Ordnance for 24"-26" Bartlein pipes in 6.5CM and 6mmCM. You'll be glad you did it right with the ARMALITE firing pin hole.

A brilliant son that can't hit the side of a barn... Hesse / Vulcan / whatevertheirnameisnow in 5.56. No, sorry. That would still be wasting money.
Buy PSA blemished and put something together.

Last edited: