• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VERY pleased with service, though I'd post here;

M_Quig

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2012
I hope it's ok to post something like this here, if not feel free to move/delete.

So I've just recently got into long range shooting and reloading and as such, not only have I had to learn the process, I've had to source a lot of supplies/tools/equipment etc. Recently I placed another order with Powder Valley and when it arrived the UPS driver left it on my doorstep with a large hole in the side of the box. The box had clearly taken a beating and as such a box of Lapua .338 Bullets had ruptured and spilled. Some remained in the box but many were missing. I figured it was a lost cause but I decided it couldn't hurt to call so I called Powder Valley and explained the situation. I was expecting to get deflected and get an explanation that it wasn't their responsibility and that I would have to take it up with UPS. I got EXACTLY the opposite! Whoever I spoke with was very, very nice on the phone and told me he'd be happy to help me take care of the problem. He asked me to send some pictures of the damage and he would take it up with UPS. Then, today, before I had even emailed the pictures I received a FedEx tracking number that shows I have something on the way from Powder Valley so I assume he's already got another box of bullets on the way. Wow! That's some incredible service!

I don't post much here because I'm busy reading and learning as much as possible but I just had to pass this experience on. I feel extraordinary service like this should be recognized. I'm very, very pleased with the way this situation was handled and will happily continue to do business with them.

Re: VERY please with service, though I'd post it here;

...and honest shipping fees as well. +1 for PVI.

Re: VERY please with service, though I'd post it here;

FedEx just arrived, on a Saturday, to deliver my replacement box of bullets. Incredible service! Thanks Powder Valley!

Re: VERY pleased with service, though I'd post here;

I had the same thing happen to me with MidwayUSA and 6 50ct boxes of 250gr SMKs. The guy just threw the boxes into a bigger carboard box and just to make the joke really funny, threw in a few foam peanuts for good measure.

Needless to say, inertia is a bitch and one box split open completely and two boxes were mangled.

I called them up and explained what happened and they sent me out another box. I think that I had only lost a few bullets, so it was a nice bonus, but geeze...stick them in a ziplock baggie, or tape them together.

To be frank, I've had some really retarded people ship me bullets and it always ends poorly.

Now, on the flip side, back when Ebay allowed brass and bullets, I had one freak take a bunch of 2x4s and fashion a complete, protective cocoon for only a couple of boxes of bullets.

This guy was prerfect and spent some time cutting the lumber to fit precisely the large(ish) flat rate box. It was amazing and made me laugh.

I still have some of that wood here, lol.

I always ask people to wrap the boxes in a plastic grocery bag and just tape the shit out of it. This works perfectly.

Chris

Re: VERY pleased with service, though I'd post here;

I had a shipping snafu with PVI once and they really set things right. Great prices, honest shipping costs and outstanding customer service. I will continue to send them my business. Glad to hear others are getting that great customer service as well.