• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vhere eest mein Captain ?

Alphatreedog

Tier Potato
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2017
    Anybody heard from our resident UBoat Captain lately . Is @TheGerman ok ?
    Hope he's just busy makin smurfs n fobbitts dig holes before they shoot his full autos .

Alive, yes, but far from ok.....
    MW.jpg

Actually, the question should be spelled:
    Wo ist mein Capitan?
    Wo means where.
    ist is the properly spelling for the active form of "to be."

Blame it on 3 years of German. But, that was about 40 ish years ago.

One time, around the turn of the century, friends and us were eating dinner at a place called the Bavarian Bar and Grill. I ordered the meal for my wife and me in German. The waiter repeated it back in German for confirmation and, I, without thinking and working for decades in construction in Texas, said "Si."

Actually, the question should be spelled:
    Wo ist mein Capitan?
    Wo means where.
    ist is the properly spelling for the active form of "to be."

Blame it on 3 years of German. But, that was about 40 ish years ago.

One time, around the turn of the century, friends and us were eating dinner at a place called the Bavarian Bar and Grill. I ordered the meal for my wife and me in German. The waiter repeated it back in German for confirmation and, I, without thinking and working for decades in construction in Texas, said "Si."
    I got where he was going with the title, and it came right through in the voice of Sgt Shultz in my head.