• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vibratory Tumbler Recommendations

TSparger

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2020
Marietta, Georgia
I'm looking to upgrade my small Lyman tumbler for one with more capacity. I would like to be able to clean at least 300 pieces of 6.5 CM brass at one time so that's the capacity I'm looking for. Any suggestions from you all would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking to upgrade my small Lyman tumbler for one with more capacity. I would like to be able to clean at least 300 pieces of 6.5 CM brass at one time so that's the capacity I'm looking for. Any suggestions from you all would be greatly appreciated.
If you can find one, I'd highly recommend the Ultra Vibe 10:

Ultra Vibe 10.jpg

Ive had the big dillon for forever its a beast.
Although mine is a 2000 not a 2001 which I guess is the newer model

Reactions: simonp
I'll second the Dillon tumblers. I have the 750 and it's been great for the last few years

I use this modestly priced vib tumbler and it works great.

Main selling point is its quick disconnect feature letting you remove the bowl from the motor assembly. Makes emptying the brass and media into a separator super easy.

Last edited:
I use this modestly priced vib tumbler and it works great.

Main selling point is its quick disconnect feature letting you remove the bowl from the motor assembly. Makes emptying the brass and media into a separator super easy.

This was the one I was eyeing and its price is much better than some of the higher end ones mentioned already.

Reactions: Baron23
This was the one I was eyeing and its price is much better than some of the higher end ones mentioned already.
Its worked perfectly for me for...eh, two years maybe? And being able to take the bowl off (the 500 model only...400 doesn't have this feature) is very convenient. How far wrong can you go for that price, right?

Now, if you want to load in 500 each cases...this ain't the unit. Too small.

I've run 200 each 6.5 CM cases at a time and it worked fine. But I tend to stick to 150 in a load. Seems to tumble a bit better.

Well, I have a couple of tumblers. My Midway from about 1993 is still working fine so you don't have to spend big bucks. Pretty much any name tumbler will work fine. Hard to beat the Dillon customer service though.

Reactions: Baron23
Big Dillon for sure.

Add in some Grainger fine corncob and NuFinish car polish and all will be well.

Huge fan of the big Dillon. I have two of them for doing small batch stuff as necessary. Been running them for almost 7 years, and no issues

Reactions: Herb Stoner
I have the Ultra Vibe 10MB. It has a 4 lb bowl. I got my at therockshed.com for $185. I am happy with it. I have a QT-66 and it takes a while to get enough rocks through the rough stage to fill the 4 lb. bowl.

I have an old Midway with 2 bowls, 1 for applying moly, and the big Lyman. They work fine. Haven't used them for awhile as I have been wet tumbling.

I've used my Ultra Vibe for over 10 years. Mine is the industrial version (don't really know the difference and it doesn't matter to me) and it is quiet compared to the others I've owned over the years and it is fast. These things are heavy duty but expensive (what isn't).

FWIW, mine was bought used and obviously wasn't used to polish rocks as the bowl was not worn.

I bought a Dillon 750 in the mid-1990s. In 1999, I thought I had a problem with it so I called and received a RMA number. Turned out that I didn't really have a problem so I didn't send it in. In 2022, one of the motor bearings failed completely. I called and they found the RMA and noticed that, after 22 years, I hadn't sent it in. There was much mirth. Set it in - they fixed it, new motor, and sent it back. Its fast and quiet - much quieter than my other one. If durability, noise, and support are important you can't beat Dillon.

Reactions: RTH1800