• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events VIDEO ADDED Laurens, SC Extended Range 2-Gun match Oct. 2nd

Eustice

Private
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2014
Chapin, South Carolina
Video from the match posted below

There will be a match at The Sawmill in Laurens, SC on October 2nd. Last years match had 10 stages with ranges from 200 to 1350 yards. Distances may be brought in a bit for this years match. I’d guess 95 percent of the shots would be able to be taken with a 5.56/.223 with the majority inside of 600 yards. If you’ve got an AR with an LPVO then come out and give this a try.

Two guns needed will be rifle and pistol.

Signup is on Practiscore

Last edited:
Do y’all have any plans on doing PRS style matches in the upcoming year/years?

I have no idea what their plans are for the coming years and if it includes PRS. I am not affiliated with The Sawmill, only helping the MD for this match.

If you’ve never been there then this would be a good time to check it out and see what the facility is like or can be. It has come a long way since it was formerly SCOTG and the plans are to continue to improve it.

I have no idea what their plans are for the coming years and if it includes PRS. I am not affiliated with The Sawmill, only helping the MD for this match.

If you’ve never been there then this would be a good time to check it out and see what the facility is like or can be. It has come a long way since it was formerly SCOTG and the plans are to continue to improve it.
Thanks!

THANK YOU for putting the location AND date in the title. That small consideration keeps people that are not in your local, or available on your date, from having to open and dig for the information. Kudos!

Reactions: Eustice
I really like the venue, Sawmill is top notch.
Is this match more similar to a PRS blended with USPSA or is it a Tactical Games style? Basically are the competitors going to have to scale walls or tote 100# objects around?

There may be some stressors but they will be limited. Nothing approaching tactical games. You won’t be made to carry a 100# sandbag across a field, but you may have to carry a 25# one up some stairs. It won’t be crazy, but just enough to get the heart rate up and maybe cause a little wobble in that reticle and every stage isn’t going to be that way. Maybe one or two.

It was that way last year on a couple stages that were done in/on the connex tower. Shooting positions were good and ranges were short. A bit of stairs with a bag or some ladders to get the heart rate up replace the prop or distance as the difficult factor.

Reactions: accurate obsession
Had a great time at the Extended Range 2 Gun @ The Sawmill on Saturday. I really enjoy the two gun aspect of the match and those are rare in my area. Hats off to the MD for the ETADIK stage featuring the wiggle worm tent, it sucked.
bravo-clap.gif

Looking forward to another one.

I hope they host another one. Schedule just didn't quite allow for me to do this one but I love the concept.

Reactions: Eustice
Had a great time at the Extended Range 2 Gun @ The Sawmill on Saturday. I really enjoy the two gun aspect of the match and those are rare in my area. Hats off to the MD for the ETADIK stage featuring the wiggle worm tent, it sucked.
View attachment 7714717
Looking forward to another one.
Glad you enjoyed it. Precision Addiction was the MD for this match and I was simply assistant to the MD. ETADIK in the wiggle worm was my baby. We did wonder how everyone would like it and afterwards we got so many great responses from that stage. I think that stage, Rolliver, and Get out of Dodge were the top three that people liked.

like I said earlier in a post, we try to make stressors. Either a good position and far distance, a hard position and close distance, stairs and moving for heartrate, or a new stressor for us this time— we took away the light.

I’m glad you had a good time. Look for a post match survey by email. We have another match in the very early stages of planning right now. Looks like possibly late March or early April but will need to check the calendar for competing matches.

Early hint: Precision Addiction (the MD for this match) is already looking at a two day two-man team match. Primary/Secondary. Day fire and night fire.

Glad you enjoyed it. Precision Addiction was the MD for this match and I was simply assistant to the MD. ETADIK in the wiggle worm was my baby. We did wonder how everyone would like it and afterwards we got so many great responses from that stage. I think that stage, Rolliver, and Get out of Dodge were the top three that people liked.

like I said earlier in a post, we try to make stressors. Either a good position and far distance, a hard position and close distance, stairs and moving for heartrate, or a new stressor for us this time— we took away the light.

I’m glad you had a good time. Look for a post match survey by email. We have another match in the very early stages of planning right now. Looks like possibly late March or early April but will need to check the calendar for competing matches.

Early hint: Precision Addiction (the MD for this match) is already looking at a two day two-man team match. Primary/Secondary. Day fire and night fire.
Do it! Do it! Do it!

Early request: Not during the middle of deer season (early October is okay)....

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Early request: Not during the middle of deer season (early October is okay)....
Don’t hold me to it but we are looking at late March or early April. Cool mornings, warm afternoons. One thing we need to do is look at competing matches. We don’t want to take potential shooters from another MDs match and we don’t want to have to compete with them for shooters. Also we want to try to space it out. It’s tough for find the time to get out and shoot multiple weekends in a row so we are weighing all that out.

We appreciated everyone who came out and shot with us at a new match for the area. Lots of unknowns coming to a new-ish MD, so thanks to all that gave us a chance.

Reactions: ExhaleAndSqueeze
Hopefully you guys don't do it the weekend of 8-10 April, there is a big Gryphon Group 3 gun match in NC.

Hey there homies!!

I'm glad everyone enjoyed our last match. The next one is set for April 8-10 it will be a team DMR match with a night stage. (with Night vision and machine guns)

Also a shooter/sponsor dinner with plenty of BBQ, beer, campfire hangouts. It's going to be a really good time :)

For those who have been following this thread asking about the next match here is the link for Practiscore registration. I have created a new thread for it but I know a lot of people will get the notification since they’ve posted in this thread already.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChidJ
Not sure if anyone is following the new thread for the DMR match in April but I know there was interest expressed in this thread.

We had the match scheduled at The Sawmill but after the second time of being told we were double booked and asked to change weekends we decided simply to change venues. The dates are the same but it will now be held at The Clinton House in Clinton, SC. It is also a new Practiscore. I’ve deleted the old link from the post above. The link I have here is the correct one.