• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Video: Hunter Kills Moose - 1100 Yard Shot.

Re: Video: Hunter Kills Moose - 1100 Yard Shot.

What's the "vapor" appearance, presumably along the bullet flight path, before the bullet hits the moose, about the 50 second mark?

That is quite impressive.

Would have loved to seen his setup for the shot, including shooting position.

Charlie

I watched this video on youtube, I'll have to find it. The guy is a canadian and went over to it in his boat. Seems like he had his young daughter with him too. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Found it. It's labeled as "mature content", so you'll have to log in to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWAXQUCv8qo

LMAO, did y'all read this comment on youtube?

think long range shooting is great but did you use all of the meat and skin and bones for tools, i doubt it, what a waste of an animal.

I have to question the grip on reality some of these "beautiful animal, evil killer" comments.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grimm17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to question the grip on reality some of these "beautiful animal, evil killer" comments. </div></div>

Those kind of tree huggers are of the highest order of dumbass.

hell of a shot. anyone possibly know the caliber and details?

THere are a bunch that call him a caveman and then say they are unimpressed and he should kill it face to face. Crazy doesn't have to be consistent.

Nice not to many folks can pull that off.

Great conditions for Wind also . Lake is almost glass .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">swamp donkey......its whats for dinner. </div></div>

Hahaha that's funny!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TMcGinnis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hell of a shot. anyone possibly know the caliber and details?
</div></div>

Just by the way the buck got stood up im gonna say .300 WM - just a guess.

Awesome...teach the next generation

Beautiful shot! And a BIG +1 for bringing his kid.

That is one geat tasting animal. I was raised on moose meat and didn't even know what beef tasted like outside of a cheeseburger until I was 10. Nice shot and lots of meat to eat.

I must admit that my latest and longest shot on a moose was 30 yards. The dragging out of the lake was much longer. And harder. JMHO