• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Video of X-Caliber Barrel .308 Win 1:10 24" 5R Carbon Fiber

Ocean_Dweller

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2020
Just took a video using a Teslong borescope of a new X-Caliber barrel a buddy of mine bought. I was a bit hesitant about possibly buying one but after seeing this video, I have to say, it looks as good or better than any other high quality barrel I've seen. He still hasn't shot it yet, but I'm sure it'll do just fine. I own several barrels by top manufacturers ex. Kriger, Bartlien, Proof, Shilen, ect. and the quality of this bore impressed me to say the least. This video is of an unfired bore and once by buddy shoots it, I'll report back but I don't expect any issues.

These guys are down the road from me and I just bought my first barrel from them a couple of months ago. A .308, 20" 1:11 twist. It's at my local gunsmith now getting chambered and fitted. I too was impressed with the quality and finish. My gunsmith uses them a lot and says he has not seen any problems with their barrels. Of course the real test is shooting it, but most reviews seem positive.

Reactions: Ocean_Dweller
Not to open a can of worms, but I understand X-Caliber make button rifled barrels. One smith I contacted said he typically doesn't install button barrels, preferring to use cut barrels like Bartlein. That got me to doing some research and I discovered that their doesn't seem to be a consensus if one is superior to the other. Like I said, I ordered a barrel from them and initially am very impressed.

Not to open a can of worms, but I understand X-Caliber make button rifled barrels. One smith I contacted said he typically doesn't install button barrels, preferring to use cut barrels like Bartlein. That got me to doing some research and I discovered that their doesn't seem to be a consensus if one is superior to the other. Like I said, I ordered a barrel from them and initially am very impressed.
I personally have used both button and cut and even though I prefer cut, I haven't noticed a difference in accuracy. Shilen barrels have been very good for me so far and they are button.

Reactions: Arc Light
The first X-Cal barrel I bought many years ago had a problem with the receiver threading and they quickly took care of it. I have bought several more since then and they all shoot better than I do.

I had an Xcal barrel that my smith chambered up in 6.5 creed a few years back. That thing shot bug holes without much effort. Kinda wish I’d have kept that gun.

I wouldn’t hesitate to use another one.