• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Teslong Video of X-Caliber CF Barrel 30-06

Ocean_Dweller

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2020
Today I received a carbon fiber barrel from X-Caliber for a 30-06 build I'm working on and decided to run my Teslong borescope through it to see if I could spot any defects, and I didn't. I had a buddy of mine buy one of these barrels a few months ago and I was impressed with it's quality, so I pulled the trigger on one myself. I can honestly say, that the one I received today, looks identical to his. I have barrels from several manufacturers (Bartlien, Krieger, Proof, Shilen, White Oak, ect...) and at least based on looks alone, these X-Caliber barrels are very good. Mind you, I've only had the chance to look at 2 X-Caliber barrels but these 2 samples, have had less defects than the Kriegers I've seen.

The internal finish looks great on these and the consistency in the rifling is pretty outstanding considering that it's button rifled and not cut. I don't expect to have any issues with this barrel and I'll post back once I develop a load for it. Also, in case anyone is wondering, I'm not sponsored by any company. Just want to help anyone on the fence about a barrel to make an informed decision.

I've been primarily running X-Caliber barrels since 2017 as a non sponsored shooter and now as a full-time gunsmith. They make a great product, usually quick lead times, custom options available to anyone, stand behind their products. I've put many different barrels on rifles over the years and X-Caliber is always my go to unless they either don't offer the specific combination, or the customer wants "X" brand specific.

I will be completely transparent that I am a dealer for them but I don't get paid by them, nor free products of any kind. I just believe in their products and company. But I do have 1 carbon wildcat that I built that is having weird issues but, I'm very certain its the load.

Reactions: CaptNemo
I currently own one of their steel barrels. 30 cal 10tw and it's a phenomenal shooter. I've been very pleased and would likely order more in the future. I'm not sure why their shipping prices are high specially for one barrel. Hopefully they can work out a deal with a shipping company to offer an even better value to their customers.

I was looking at them and trying to figure out if they are actually making the blanks or buying them. Are they button rifles or cut?

I have a couple of their ar barrels and they are good shooters, but the fact they only produce prefits that use barrel nuts is a serious oversight on there part.
I couldn't agree more. It's about time they made some shouldered pre-fits and catch up to the other companies.

I have a couple of their ar barrels and they are good shooters, but the fact they only produce prefits that use barrel nuts is a serious oversight on there part.
Yep, I've asked a few times about shouldered prefits for Tikkas and Origins, and always gotten a "not at this time". It's a bummer, I really like my lightweight 6mm ARC AR barrel they spun up, and I'd have a few more for my bolt guns if they'd do fixed shoulders.

I'd guess that's more about supplying the demand. Shouldered prefits take more attention to the minutia in measurements. Barrel nuts are adjustable so they don't have to be so accurate in fitting them to a particular action. theortically, they can crank out more barrels in less time with their current production runs using barrel nuts. That's just my guess from a business standpoint.