• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Video: Zombie deer comes back to life. Sons first buck

charlestondiving

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2011
Charleston SC
www.furniturehoo.com
The zombie Buck

Zombie deer comes back to life! - YouTube

My son's first buck. After 3 hours of tracking we found his 6 point buck. The deer comes back to life when he goes to grab the horns for a picture and runs off. Had to chase him down for the finish. I should have known better being that his eyes were closed. Thats a hunt he will never forget!

Attachments

• 2013-11-16 08.47.27.jpg
    2013-11-16 08.47.27.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 13
  • ryansfirstdeer.jpg
    ryansfirstdeer.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 2013-11-16 10.12.08.jpg
    2013-11-16 10.12.08.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 9
That's hilarious! I have only heard stories of this happening but, to get it on video is awesome. That will make for a great deer camp story. Congratulations!

Wow. That could have been bad. Great to see a kid hunting suppressed. :) His friends will be jealous. Congrats on the first buck!

Out of curiosity, what bullet was that?

well at least he got one.... the excitement sometimes overruns us and we forget certain things.... great video

Lol awesome vid and congrats, Did i hear your son drop the F-bomb in there as well? I know i probably would have haha

He said 'shoot em! What the crap! Shoot him dad' :)

We were shooting 125gr green tip supersonic 300 blackout. Range was 40 yards.
I've been hunting almost 30 years and that was a first for me.
I really thought he was dead since it had been 3 hours since the shot and we were being so loud walking up on him without so much as a flinch.
Poor kid wanted that deer so bad it was a real emotional rollercoaster. Builds character! It all worked out in the end after chasing the buck down and finishing the job.

Awesome. Thanks for the details and sharing your experience. I wondered if it was a 300 when I saw the small mags.

I would have thought that would have toasted the lungs. I've seen bow kills still warm the following morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD