• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vietnam Redfields

lmhans4440

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2009
Bismarck, Nd
I am looking for more info on the Vietnam era Redfield scopes that were used on the M40's. I still don't have one and I am looking for a clone for a build. This is proving to be the hardest thing to find for the build, except the original M40 Redfield Jr. base and rings. May just have to go with a 3-9 without the accurange reticle. I wish ironsight ot the other Redfield repair facilities would offer the accurange as a replacement reticle. I have heardthe original "Marine service" scopes bring upwards of $3000.

Re: Vietnam Redfields

Hans I have 2 of the correct 2nd gen Accurange scopes in good condition. You would have to color it Matte black to be correct. If you can wait till im home in Feb, One could possibly be yours.
I also have the some 1st and 2nd generations without accurange. Be careful there is one on Ebay that is not correct being advertised as Commercial versions of the M40 scopes. for 5 and 6 hundred. One has Accutrack which was never used and one has the wrong occular bell.

Also for the mount, Badger makes a repro mount and rings and are for sale at SWFA.com I ordered 2 weeks ago so they should be in stock.

I know useless without pictures on the scopes. Ill have the up in the for sale section mid to late feb.

By the way, I found the 2 I have by looking at complete guns for sale. I found one on a old Norma and one on a old Browning on Gunsamerica. Both sellers were older gentlemen and were understanding. They had these accuranges on the rifles for years and were very well taken care of. I talked them out of them for a decent price. If you cant wait till feb, That might be your best bet.

PM sent.

After a call to Badger a week ago, they said they are no longer producing the Redfield base and rings. I also ordered the Badger one from SWFA.

check this out... it may help.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...631#Post1551631

I have a couple of the older Redfield scopes but neither have the accurange system. I would like to pick up one with accurange for my M40 clone but will not pay $600 for the commercial version, Nor can I afford $4,000 for the original green one...
"Close" is as I will get is a gloss black 3x9 with accurnage, I guess.

I do have the original type redfield base that has the R in the circle on the front right. In addition, I have the correct era rings..mine are mark 1-66 on the botton.

Good luck with your build.