• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VIHTAVUORI N135 in 6.5 Creedmoor

odessit

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2009
I still have to wait for another month or so for VIHTAVUORI N160to be shipped by powdervvalley but have some VIHTAVUORI N135( that i bought for .223 Remington) and some lighter bullets:
Sierra Varminter Bullets 85 Grain
Hornady A-Max Bullets 100 Grain
and Nosler Custom Competition Bullets 123 Grain Hollow Point Boat Tail.
Can anyone advice any load combination.

I can't give you MAX loads, but have been working with the creedmoor for several months, I'll relate a couple of really accurate loads
100gr AMAX, 210M 37.5GR N135 Super accurate load worked up, and shot to 400 ***best light load yet less than .5MOA
123gr bullets, 210M, 38.0gr N135 This load was very accurate and shot to 400
By shot to 400, I mean, initial testing looked real good a 100, shot at 200 then at 400
Unable to shoot past 400 that day, however; I have been shooting 142SMK at 600 and beyond, and I'm not looking to change my load, but with the 142's I'm shooting H4350.
I will be testing some of the new Lapua, 136gr bullets when I get my hands on some, I'll start with 4350, but will also try some loads with some N150, if anything good comes out of it, I'll give it a post. Hope this helps.

pawprint2 thanks a lot for quick response. That data you gave is extremely helpful. Where do you think I can start with Nosler Custom Competition Bullets 123 Grain Hollow Point Boat Tail?

As I said, these are by no means MAX loads, but rather where they got good and tight, I'd start with 36.5gr 135, 210M and work up. I work up in 0.5 grains. Consistent bullet jump is important, be sure to take the time to sort your bullets by length. Remember, if you've been firing any ball powder, clean that tube before you start working with a stick powder, I don't know why, but if you start with ball and go to stick (or reverse) without cleaning the tube just doesn't shoot as well as it could. Enjoy the trip to the range, let us know how it's shooting!

I will be shooting 223 tomorrow and start shooting creedmoor next weekend. I will ask my friend to bring his chronometer to the range and will report you the data.

Shot the my rifle finally today with n135 and 100 gr A-Max. The best group 37.2 grains can be covered with a dime. Attached a picture of a 5 shot group with one flyer which is my mistake

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited: