• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Viking Trail 2022 - Scandinavias largest PRS match

Purvins

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2017
Ever wanted to go outside the US to shoot a match? This may just be the one, from a very biased participant with a shorter trip over the border from Sweden. Viking Trail 2022 set off in the southern parts of Norway over three days, each day at a separate range with a daily winning and a combined winner at the end of the trail.

- Day 1 out to 700m/765yds in almost exclusively natural terrain and field type shooting positions. This included a 2.5km hike with some elevation to the shooting area with all equipment.
- Day 2 out to 800m/875yds in a mix of natural and man made positions. Short hike up to the top of a ridge where most of the shooting took place.
- Day 3 out to 500m/545yds on semi-flat range with some field elements in the mix.

A total of around 30 stages and 350 rounds during those 3 days. Next years event is already in planning.
https://www.deltager.no/event/viking_trail_2022_06052022#init
JosefineJonsson_VikingTrailPRS_2022_031.JPG

JosefineJonsson_VikingTrailPRS_2022_055.JPG

JosefineJonsson_VikingTrailPRS_2022_071.JPG

JosefineJonsson_VikingTrailPRS_2022_080.JPG

JosefineJonsson_VikingTrailPRS_2022_092.JPG

JosefineJonsson_VikingTrailPRS_2022_103.JPG
JosefineJonsson_VikingTrailPRS_2022_178.JPG

This is interesting. I have never travelled out of the country with my rifle, what are the rules like? How far in advance should we start the process if we need to get permissions from outside governments?

This is interesting. I have never travelled out of the country with my rifle, what are the rules like? How far in advance should we start the process if we need to get permissions from outside governments?
Rules are going to vary some depending on if/how you transit since some countries regulate even the transit though you're not in possesion of the firearm (Transit through Amsterdam for example). For Norway specifically their customs agency have a decent write up https://www.toll.no/en/goods/weapons/travelling-to-norway-with-a-firearm/

Their application period seems to be roughly 2 months coming from outside of the EU etc.

Looks like a serious group of shooters, gotta be fun!

I know the US guys we had over this year was running borrowed equpiment, so about time to befriend a Norwegian dude!
The guys j know shooting it over there were also running borrowed gear. May be some of the same guys