• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vintage CCI Primers

aviumvenator

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2012
South of Red Lake
So a few weeks ago I was talking with a buddy of mine who lives a couples hours away. I was telling him I needed some srm primers to do some load development and if he sees any to buy them. He mentions that he used to use them and has 2 boxes to get me started. He happens to be in his 70’s and has been shooting and reloading longer than I’ve been alive. Well, I gladly accepted and we met for lunch.
BDEFE24C-724D-4472-97D5-391BE35DD039.jpeg
When was the last time any of you saw this packaging for CCI?

Oh just one package? I've got many of these still left :)

Imagine they still work!

So a few weeks ago I was talking with a buddy of mine who lives a couples hours away. I was telling him I needed some srm primers to do some load development and if he sees any to buy them. He mentions that he used to use them and has 2 boxes to get me started. He happens to be in his 70’s and has been shooting and reloading longer than I’ve been alive. Well, I gladly accepted and we met for lunch. View attachment 7505380When was the last time any of you saw this packaging for CCI?

I scored about 20k old red boxed federal primers from the 80’s. My buddy got them from an estate sale. So far they have all gone bang. Some are a little harder to get seated than others though.

Reactions: aviumvenator
I have a few boxes of old, old,CCI 450 SR magnum primers ($7.50 for 1000 on the box) used them to prime some once fired Lapua Palma 308 and found they were difficult to seat.So difficult in fact that I could not seat some of them. (I use a Sinclair hand primer) .I haven't measured them to see if I can prove a diameter difference with new primers, just won't use them for this brass.I have used new stock CCI 450 primers for Lapua Palma brass since I started using Palma brass 2 years ago with no problem ever. I have a bunch of once fired 223LC brass I bought that has more generous primer pockets than I care for ( I wonder if the commercial process used for getting rid of crimp is the cause). I was thinking of loading some plinking ammo using these plump primers ( with low end powder charges).

Well if you can’t use them you can always sell or trade them.

The CCI 209's I bought back in the late 70s!

They all go boom still :)

Early CCI, CCI stands for Cascade Cartridge Inc. Those are just primers. I think these were from the 70's.

In other words.. CCI, early cci....

Loaded ammo or primers? Not even sure if they were making primers back in the late 50's, early 60s.