• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vintage gun cabinet restoration.

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    I found this vintage gun cabinet at a local antique/junk shop. It was sitting outside the store exposed to the weather. I got it for $400. Those are real leaded glass windows. It had a base with four cupboards and four drawers. To make it fit in my desired spot I had to shorten it and eliminate the cupboards. Then I rebuilt it and refinished it, installed new moulding and re-did the interior and drawers with green felt, added some top shelves, and installed interior lighting.

BEFORE
    gun case.jpg

AFTER
    case 3.jpg

case 5.jpg

case 6.jpg

case 8.jpg

case 9.jpg

case c7.jpg
    case.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:
    I found this vintage gun cabinet at a local antique/junk shop. It was sitting outside the store exposed to the weather. I got it for $400. Those are real leaded glass windows. It had a base with four cupboards and four drawers. To make it fit in my desired spot I had to shorten it and eliminate the cupboards. Then I rebuilt it and refinished it, installed new moulding and re-did the interior and drawers with green felt, added some top shelves, and installed interior lighting.

BEFORE
    View attachment 8322327
    AFTER
    View attachment 8322320

View attachment 8322321

View attachment 8322322

View attachment 8322323

View attachment 8322324

View attachment 8322325View attachment 8322326

View attachment 8322337
    Beautiful work. Saving a piece of first class joinery.

That turned out really nice. I think it really matches the 'western/rustic' artwork/decor in that room. All this time I only thought you worked on metal stuff, but you got some wood-working skills too(!). Thanks for the pics. Well done.

That turned out really nice. I think it really matches the 'western/rustic' artwork/decor in that room. All this time I only thought you worked on metal stuff, but you got some wood-working skills too(!). Thanks for the pics. Well done.
    I still practice the lost art of stock making
    Rolling block 45-70 that started as a rusty barn find receiver only.
    remington rolling block 1.JPG

Remington Keene 45-70 basket case that started as a rusty barreled action missing parts. Stock made completely from scratch without an original to even look at, only old pictures.
    remington keene 14.JPG

remington keene 7.JPG

Remington Keene 45-70.JPG

Rhodesian Browning A5 Combat Shotgun custom extended forend
    DSCF0423.JPG

DSCF0537.JPG

Custom pistol grip with Schuetzen butt plate Winchester 1873
    Winchester 1873 45lc.JPG

I was looking for a cabinet couldn’t find a nice one

Switched gears and bought a dining room set on marketplace.

Perfect condition, glass, mirror, light ..everything.

Made a rack and stained it to match.

Came out great

All it took was 3-400$ and a can of pledge lol

This is an early 1 when I was making prototype rack with some wood I had laying around.

IMG_7328.jpeg

I was looking for a cabinet couldn’t find a nice one

Switched gears and bought a dining room set on marketplace.

Perfect condition, glass, mirror, light ..everything.

Made a rack and stained it to match.

Came out great

All it took was 3-400$ and a can of pledge lol

This is an early 1 when I was making prototype rack with some wood I had laying around.

View attachment 8324986

You have that in your boudoir???

I mean... reflection and all that...

Sirhr

You have that in your boudoir???

I mean... reflection and all that...

Sirhr
    Spare bedroom which is now my bedroom

I started snoring pretty good the last year or so..making my wife nuts lol

So I hang out and when it’s time “for bed” I wonder down.

If you really look there is plywood against the wall. That was under a box spring years ago. But like most men I can throw it out.

As of last week it’s now on the walls of a little tool /shop area in the basement separated from the other stuff.

Just put together the wood top and some peg board/slat for reloading in that room. Will finish it up in a week or so

Was actually going through the shelves behind me a few minutes ago throwing out stuff I haven’t touched in years

IMG_7322.jpeg

BEFORE
    View attachment 8322327
    AFTER
    View attachment 8322320

View attachment 8322321

View attachment 8322322

View attachment 8322323

View attachment 8322324

View attachment 8322325View attachment 8322326

View attachment 8322337
    Dude.... totally awesome! Love the beveled/leaded glass!

Spare bedroom which is now my bedroom

I started snoring pretty good the last year or so..making my wife nuts lol

So I hang out and when it’s time “for bed” I wonder down.

If you really look there is plywood against the wall. That was under a box spring years ago. But like most men I can throw it out.

As of last week it’s now on the walls of a little tool /shop area in the basement separated from the other stuff.

Just put together the wood top and some peg board/slat for reloading in that room. Will finish it up in a week or so

Was actually going through the shelves behind me a few minutes ago throwing out stuff I haven’t touched in years

View attachment 8325151
    You gotten checked for sleep apnea?

Also both cabinets are nice.

Reactions: camocorvette
    You gotten checked for sleep apnea?

Also both cabinets are nice.
    Sooner or later.

I know it’s my tongue because it wakes me now and then

I used a mouthpiece thing and it works ..so the wife said but I’d wake up now and thinking I was going to die from the damn thing moving around lol.

I’ll prob get checked this spring

Thanks