• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vintage Pistol?

VJJPunisher

Necromancing the stone
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2010
prison purse
not a sniper rifle but very vintage, thought some might like it. Made in 1912

WW1-1911.jpg

Re: Vintage Pistol?

Nice, I've always wanted an old piece with actual history

Very nice! I just got the bug for a wartime 1911 or 1911a1 recently. Just bought a nice WWII Union Switch & Signal from my neighbor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: konabully</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice! I just got the bug for a wartime 1911 or 1911a1 recently. Just bought a nice WWII Union Switch & Signal from my neighbor. </div></div>

That should help your retirement greatly, should you decide to sell it.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: konabully</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice! I just got the bug for a wartime 1911 or 1911a1 recently. Just bought a nice WWII Union Switch & Signal from my neighbor.</div></div>

well lets see it

My old man has an Ithaca 1911 lend lease gun with the British proof marks, and a receipt from a gun shop in Germany. NY to London to Germany. He picked it up in the 60's before Vietnam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats a slickster BOLT, what year is it?</div></div>

1944 early......right as rain

I am inheriting a Luger and P-38. They have not been shot in 50 years. However, what will I do with them? They do not shoot as well as modern guns, are heavy, etc. I would just end up storing them for the next 50 years as well...

s

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am inheriting a Luger and P-38. They have not been shot in 50 years. However, what will I do with them? They do not shoot as well as modern guns, are heavy, etc. I would just end up storing them for the next 50 years as well...

s</div></div>

sell me the luger then, jus sayin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: konabully</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice! I just got the bug for a wartime 1911 or 1911a1 recently. Just bought a nice WWII Union Switch & Signal from my neighbor.</div></div>

well lets see it </div></div>

As soon as I can wrangle a camera I'll post the pics. After doing some research I realized I had no idea how few were made and how much they are going for now. The US&S I picked up is for the most part all correct except for the mainspring housing and hammer (Colt). It has a really nice High Standard barrel too, which is correct for this gun. My neighbor doesn't know the history of the gun but his dad was a WWII vet and has had it since he could remember as a kid.

He also had a very nice parkerized Smith Corona 1903a3 too but I couldn't buy both so my buddy picked this one up.

BTW, thanks Mike, I'm banking on it.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: konabully</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beautiful looking Colt there Boltripper!</div></div>

thank you sir.

Some

USSC%201911%20slide.jpg

guns%20001.jpg

Now you need this one to go with your Mosin for Multi-Gun Matches

GEDC2504.JPG

Kraig, ever see that vido of the guy that suppressed his 1895 mosin? you should do that

VJJ, you should restore that old 1911.

Ok, ok, I cant keep it up. I wouldnt change a thing there. Leave that piece of US history alone.

The suppressed M1895 is from 762mfg I think. If you search Youtube there are a couple of them on there.

That's exactly why I bought the M1895, so that I can suppress it.

I taught I smelled a copycat....I did I did

ArisakaMauser.jpg

left- Jap Arisaka, right- German 98K

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jamescaan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VJJ, you should restore that old 1911.</div></div>Like this one: 1913 Colt civilian model 1911
IMG_1903.jpg

This one was given to my grandfather by his father when he left home to work the ranches in Nebraska and Colorado. Its a 1876 S&W Model 3 in 44 Russian,

guns%20004.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jamescaan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VJJ, you should restore that old 1911.</div></div>Like this one: 1913 Colt civilian model 1911
IMG_1903.jpg
</div></div>

graham, are you the one who had that done to that pistol?

Here's mine! Not sure what year, but its a S&W 32 Double Action top break. Still haven't shot it yet but I have 2 boxes of ammo with its name on it.

025qah.jpg

DWM Luger bringback, and by bringback I of course mean my pappy bringed it back from a gunshop

luger-1.jpg

Every time I see something with that design I think of this.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U1TmeBd9338"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U1TmeBd9338" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Here is some vintage....

The Protector .32 is one of my collecting treasures.
IMG_0402.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jamescaan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VJJ, you should restore that old 1911.</div></div>Like this one: 1913 Colt civilian model 1911
IMG_1903.jpg
</div></div> graham, are you the one who had that done to that pistol? </div></div>No. I wouldn't violate a classic pistol like that. Like a dog from the pound, it's a rescue. But it <span style="font-style: italic">is </span>24K gold.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did someone say Vintage Smoke Wagons?

Colts.jpg
</div></div>

VJ Is that an Artilley on the bottom?

Nice weapons, Gent's. All those Colt's...damn! I have a couple Colt's that are cool

My Aunt gave me this one

colt1.jpg

My Dad gave me this one for being the High Shooter out of our Academy

colt2.jpg

Respectfully,

--KJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Parga- VJ Is that an Artilley on the bottom? </div></div>
yes, its a US frame with RAC stamped grips, problem is someone rebarreled it to 38, and correct me if im wrong but the army never ordered it in 38 so the barrel and cylinder are wrong

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowboy_bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is some vintage....

The Protector .32 is one of my collecting treasures.
IMG_0402.jpg
</div></div>

those are just ..........fukn cool

Wow! That is an amazing 1911 right there. Not too many people have the pleasure of owning one that old. Have you ever shot it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longguntoter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow! That is an amazing 1911 right there. Not too many people have the pleasure of owning one that old. Have you ever shot it?</div></div>

yup, shot about 5 mags through it, shot good for a 99 year old geezer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Parga- VJ Is that an Artilley on the bottom? </div></div>
yes, its a US frame with RAC stamped grips, problem is someone rebarreled it to 38, and correct me if im wrong but the army never ordered it in 38 so the barrel and cylinder are wrong </div></div>

VJ you're correct... All contract SAAs were chambered in 45 Colt. It was popular in the late 40s and into the 50s to send them back to Colt to have them re-barrelled and re-cylindered. You might write Colt for a factory letter to see if it went back to Colt for re-fitting to 38