• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vintage Pistol?

Re: Vintage Pistol?

I just "toten'd" in my pants

luger-Toten2.jpg

Sirhrmechanic,

SCORE!!! Did your letter tell you who ordered it and what state? Gorgeous.

Nice stuff, guys. I wish I had pictures of my father's LeMat.

I've got an 1898 Ivar Johnson, .25 cal revolver.

It would shoot but the cylinder is a bit loose.

It's value is something like $14 since so many were made.

I have been saving it for another $100 gift card gun-buy back program but none have come up.

1922 Reising "Its A Bear" 22lr pistol

146.jpg

1914 C prrefix contracted to Argentian Navy in 1914 by Colt
serial numbers started at 6201, this is 6202

P9220002.jpg

accualy this is a Stenda 32, it was made after the Bahola 32 acp

P9220018.jpg

Mauser HSc 32 acp nazi proof:

P9220019.jpg

This is a late war HSc. You can tell by the machineing marks on it.
My dad brought back an early high polished HSc, then lost it in a
poker game in the 50's
I bought this at a gunshow over 20 years ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: n64atlas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought this at a gunshow over 20 years ago.</div></div>

20 years? time for a new home?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quarter Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sirhrmechanic,

SCORE!!! Did your letter tell you who ordered it and what state? Gorgeous.</div></div>

A hardware store in Maine, of all places. Not quite the wild West! There was no individual listed on the order.

Of course, with the SAA lottery... one is always hoping for that big name owner/person. But that hasn't happened to me yet.

Gun store I usually go to had a walk-in SAA that lettered to a batch issued to the Army... and was in the serial number range of the guns that went to the Rough Riders. That was a lottery winner!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Wow, there were some rare ones in those pictures.

And for something "cheaper" to dabble in ... seriously guys, some nice vintage iron shown here !

These are pretty popular, having been born again by the CCW crowd. And for good reason, they are cheap, reliable and the 9x18 Makarov is no slouch with some of the new defensive ammo Hornady is now selling. They have a few vices that are easily fixed by some spring changes and a bit of polishing. The former service pistol of the Polish military and police.... the Radom P-64.
P64jpg.jpg

some nice weapons of all shapes and sizes posted here! Nice guns boys!

My contribution. Original 1911 made in 1918. Has Augusta Army proof mark from when it went back through the factory for a rebuild. Also has a slew of other proof marks on it.

it shoots like a bear and you do get some hammer bite but thats what makes it fun. A no frills work gun that will never say no.

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

S11 with the eagle proof mark for when it was in the armory.
IMG_1819.jpg

Augusta Armory stamp. Its the AA.
IMG_1818.jpg

some fat dude in a red suit dropped these off at my house

Brit webley

webley.jpg

warner "the infallible"

infallible.jpg

I was given this the other day. 38 WCF. Serial number puts it around 1897. I was considering selling it off. If one of you old gun guru's could PM me a rough guess on price I'd sure be grateful.

Ty

photo-4-3.jpg

found this thing in the bushes today complete with original belt and holster

1894.jpg

1894-3.jpg

1894-4.jpg

1894-14.jpg

1894-13.jpg

the year on this grip is 1898
1894-12.jpg

1894-11.jpg

1894-15.jpg

1894-10.jpg

1894-9.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Prairie Dog Dundee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have an amazing collection VAJayJay.</div></div>

it's getting there. For me it's all about an investment and to have things of value to hand down to my kids when i'm gone, my parents, and their parents, dont have any family heirloom type things so I'm starting it. Plus I enjoy the hell out of the old stuff until its time to be passed down

<span style="color: #006600"> <span style="font-size: 14pt">c. 1945 Remington Rand US Government Issue 1911A1 .45 Pistol.</span></span>

ei38nm.jpg

<span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="color: #009900">A small amount of smut on the feed ramp, but otherwise its nearly new "<span style="text-decoration: underline">In the Box</span></span>"</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not a sniper rifle but very vintage, thought some might like it. Made in 1912

WW1-1911.jpg
</div></div>

Given the year of manufacture, it's a 1911. The 1911's were made of metal far softer then the classic 1911A1s. I know, the first .45 I ever worked on was given to me by a retired Destroyer Captain who has his 1911 dewatted by the military (don't remember what year that was). I took it, welded it back together and tuned it IPSC style in the last 70's. I went on to trade it for a 3 screw Blackhawk (my cowboy match gun with a 1lb trigger). I like them, but boy are they soft, but I don't mention this to make you nervous, it's the barrel that takes the abuse when it's fired. Oh have I seen things done to even modern barrels that shouldn't have happened including double charges and in one case, a triple charge. NASTY!

Love MMC sights and I always have lanyard loops on my .45 with the exception of my 70 series LWC. All mine are fully tuned. I do like my 45's to function right every time and they do. Only had a few stovepipes while ammo testing.

Correct Remington Rand except the previous owner polished and blued it.
I couldnt stand the blueing so I had it reparked
Picture238.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Prairie Dog Dundee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have an amazing collection VAJayJay.</div></div>

it's getting there. For me it's all about an investment and to have things of value to hand down to my kids when i'm gone, my parents, and their parents, dont have any family heirloom type things so I'm starting it. Plus I enjoy the hell out of the old stuff until its time to be passed down </div></div>

I hear ya on the old stuff, it speaks to me. I have the Ithaca 1911A1 my father carried in WWII. I have an 1894 Winchester that was made in 1894 and used hard by an old Cowboy. I also have a 12 ga Purdey SXS my Father pulled from a pile of confiscated rifles he had been ordered to drive his M36 tank destroyer over at the end of the war. I'll post picture when I find the dam cable that I need to down load the pictures. The Purdey was made in 1909.

These are some beautiful pieces guys. Keep the pics coming.
I went to buy some reloading supplies from a lady who's father had died and she was getting rid of his stuff. She had a Colt manufactured in 1918 and was in 98% condition. I picked it up for $650 and could drive away fast enough. Since I spent the rent on it, I was FORCED to sell it. I got $2000 for it 2 days later. I wish I would have taken picks of it.

Had the privilege of holding 1911 serial #305 a couple years ago. Was in 85+%. Sold a few months later for $10,000+

My oldest have no collector value due to earlier bubbaism.

1917 Colt I had Metaloy hard chrome. Some dumbass had removed all of original finish <span style="text-decoration: underline">including grips</span> with a sandblaster!

An excellent Rem Rand that was Metaloyed, built, and used as a competition gun in the 70's;

Still great shooters though.

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice! Any S&W Victory models? </div></div>

US Navy Vic with a mid 50's re-arsenal inspection stamp.
victroy01.jpg

victroy07.jpg

My Uncles bring back from the bulge, at least that's the story I heard all my life. He may have won it in a card game.
waltherM901.jpg

Wartime Commercial Broom Handle Mauser.
c96001cased.jpg

Navy Colt, re-blued at least one time if not more.
mycase04.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">think i just jizzed a little bit Kona </div></div>

Haha! TMI
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c1steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am inheriting a Luger and P-38. They have not been shot in 50 years. However, what will I do with them? They do not shoot as well as modern guns, are heavy, etc. I would just end up storing them for the next 50 years as well...

s</div></div>

For real, if you ever decide to sell the Luger. I want one bad
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: madcratebuilder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wartime Commercial Broom Handle Mauser.
c96001cased.jpg

</div></div>

Very sweet sir!

that was a very pleasant few minutes looking at some outstanding pieces, thanks everyone. Keep showing.

when i see these old guns i always wonder how much blood they have drawn i the past
a frind of mine has an MAB Model D pistol in 7.65mm wich were after the fall of france produced for the SS
his grandfather- who was an ss guy- has shot 11 people with it in the war according to his story