• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

vintage rifle match quantico

:( Well, that would be a good reason. LOL! I like most rifle matches, but I've never seen one of the "Vintage" matches or "Vintage Sniper Rifle" matches. I think they'd be the cat's meow. Hope all goes well.

Steve,

While getting soaked at Rg 4 with you today in prep for this match, I talked long and hard to Skip and
not only is the SOB coming to this match, he's got 4 Mosin PU sniper shooters teaming up with him
and they all aim to give Otto a run for his money.

Steve,

While getting soaked at Rg 4 with you today in prep for this match, I talked long and hard to Skip and
not only is the SOB coming to this match, he's got 4 Mosin PU sniper shooters teaming up with him
and they all aim to give Otto a run for his money.

Seeing that alone would be worth the price of admission. The closest I've come to shooint a Mosin is watching it being shot a xxxx miles away on youtube! LOL!! Many people swear by them, but from what I've read, they don't seem to be a favorite at a lot of these Vintage Sniper matches for some reason. That should be quite interesting to watch, if they make it. :D

If they make it ?

We been shooting PU snipers at t his match for the last 2 years. 300, 600 yds, 800 and 1000 yds.

No "IF" about it. C'mon down and see it happen in 2 weeks !

Hmmm, Jim, you and Brian should brush the dust off the 70's and smoke Skips mosin militia. Plus they kick less than those damn 40's!

If they make it ?

We been shooting PU snipers at t his match for the last 2 years. 300, 600 yds, 800 and 1000 yds.

No "IF" about it. C'mon down and see it happen in 2 weeks !

I meant IF they were able to attend, not make the shot! LOL!!!

Well, C'Mon down anyhow , there will be 4 (minimum) PU sniper rifle shooters this year

Last match , the only WWII era sniper rifles that went to 800 and 1000 yards was the Mosin PU and the USMC 1941 Springfields. Seems all the WWII era sniper rifle shooters thought their rifles can't hang after 600 yard line. The two shooters (Bob and Roland) with USMC 1941 Springfields out shot us (they were VN War era USMC snipers) but they read winds better than we did. That was 6 months ago and we have been working on winds since then.

Should be interesting to see how the match plays out this time .

Bob and Roland are tremendous shooters/snipers, we got our work cut out for us to compete with them !

Last edited:
Best of luck to you all then! My schedule won't allow my attendance, but I'd LOVE to hear how it goes. Hope for some reports. :D

Everybody ready? We got the targetry loaded today and ready to move to the pits in the morning.Should have enough pullers for everyone so it will go smooth and quick.

See ya'll early tomorrow.

Steve

Well, C'Mon down anyhow , there will be 4 (minimum) PU sniper rifle shooters this year

Last match , the only WWII era sniper rifles that went to 800 and 1000 yards was the Mosin PU and the USMC 1941 Springfields. Seems all the WWII era sniper rifle shooters thought their rifles can't hang after 600 yard line. The two shooters (Bob and Roland) with USMC 1941 Springfields out shot us (they were VN War era USMC snipers) but they read winds better than we did. That was 6 months ago and we have been working on winds since then.

Should be interesting to see how the match plays out this time .

Bob and Roland are tremendous shooters/snipers, we got our work cut out for us to compete with them !

3/4 of the 7.62x54r team has been practicing wind calls...