• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Viper 5-25x50 HD

MikeMiller

Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2017
SW Florida
Received a new Vortex Viper 5-25x50 FFP scope a few days ago withMIL type reticule

I am truly impressed by this scope:
The optics are outstanding
The 10mils per turn are great and clicks very distinct and secure
The reticule is easy to use and not over done like some. No screen door effect with complicated background
The size and weight of this scope are perfect for either an SPR, hunting or DMR rifle

I heard one complaint of eye box so I went through my normal set up on my rifle. Getting perfect placement of scope front to back for best eye relief
Set reticle for sharpest image on highest power
Then adjust focus for distance

I found the eye box good in size and easy to use. I found nothing wrong in this area at all

Ran the tall target test and adjustments were accurate and repeatable

I am very impressed by this scope and just super happy it’s in the price point it is.

I will use this scope a bunch and report back but so far I like it a lot

I bought one (same scope) last Friday, but it hasn't shipped yet, they were on backorder for a few days at Euro. Hopefully it ships soon.

Reactions: Glowie
Received a new Vortex Viper 5-25x50 FFP scope a few days ago withMIL type reticule

I am truly impressed by this scope:
The optics are outstanding
The 10mils per turn are great and clicks very distinct and secure
The reticule is easy to use and not over done like some. No screen door effect with complicated background
The size and weight of this scope are perfect for either an SPR, hunting or DMR rifle

I heard one complaint of eye box so I went through my normal set up on my rifle. Getting perfect placement of scope front to back for best eye relief
Set reticle for sharpest image on highest power
Then adjust focus for distance

I found the eye box good in size and easy to use. I found nothing wrong in this area at all

Ran the tall target test and adjustments were accurate and repeatable

I am very impressed by this scope and just super happy it’s in the price point it is.

I will use this scope a bunch and report back but so far I like it a lot
Don't suppose you have a PST Gen 2 to compare this scope to?

Nice to hear it's performing well, the weight, price and features are pretty compelling, certainly looks like an upgrade from the Viper and HST scopes that these are relpacing.

Reactions: Glowie
Don't suppose you have a PST Gen 2 to compare this scope to?

Nice to hear it's performing well, the weight, price and features are pretty compelling, certainly looks like an upgrade from the Viper and HST scopes that these are relpacing.
Yes I have the 5-25x50. This one sees better

Last edited:
Reactions: Glowie and Rob01