• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Viper PST FFP 6-24 or SWFA SS 5-20

ronburgundy

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2012
North, TX
Is the PST a good scope for the money or would I be better off shelling out the extra money for the SS. I have read a lot of somewhat negative reviews of the PST regarding glass quality. I'm just getting into long range shooting but I want a scope that will last and be good for whatever range I want to shoot. Thanks for the insight guys.

Re: Viper PST FFP 6-24 or SWFA SS 5-20

I shoot the heck out of the SWFA's and have been very impressed by them. That being said the Vortex is a good value for the money too.

The deciding factor may be the availability. SWFA SS is available to ship today, but it's rough to find the FFP PST's in stock anywhere.

I love my 6-24 PST and would buy again. Also you can not beat their CS! They will replace or fix any problem except for loss or theft. Pretty hard to overlook that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uncledog57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love my 6-24 PST and would buy again. Also you can not beat their CS! They will replace or fix any problem except for loss or theft. Pretty hard to overlook that? </div></div>
Probably true for the SS as well, but they don't break...

I definately agree, you hear alot about the great vortex customer service, but... If the scopes are so good, why are people constantly sending them back? They fix the problems, no doubt, but it raises a flag to me that the customer service is so hard at work everyday. It makes more sense to produce a quality scope from the get go rather than fix all the f ups as they come along.

Good point, Ron . . .

If it's such a great scope, there should be no need for C/S.