• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Viper PST Gen II vs Steiner T5XI

Primes is known here as a hothead who can only ever see one side of things. His side. Any time someone disagrees with him, they are the problem, as is clearly evidenced by every one of his posts in this thread. Name calling and blustering is his MO. Otherwise I hear he’s a nice guy, if you like that sort of thing.

Case in point is to brand anyone who has a differing opinion as bought and sold by the “opposition”. Never mind that he is an optics dealer himself with specific brands he sells. Oh, did he forget to tell you that?

On the other hand, guys like myself (who own many different scopes and try to remain relatively unbiased, sponsored by literally nobody) are the ones he tries to paint as sponsored or with financial interests. Deflection is the bully’s best offense.

In all fairness the only people I have ever accused of being shills...we're verifable sponsered shooters and vendors. Most of them self admitidly bias.

But at the same time, not all opinions are equal. You can see it in this thread where people who lack the historical context of the subject matter, can't take that Into consideration of their arguements. It's frustrating to have to repeat the same truths over and over again because people are ignorant.

And just an FYI, I have worked for federal government since I was 17. Had a few part time stints for fun money, but uncle samuel has signed my check, every 2 weeks or on the first and fifteenth since I was a junior in high school.

So once again we have someone here spewing unverifiable and unsubstatiated bullshit ( you) because of your inability to win a debate via reason , logic and knowledge. Keep making stuff up, this is becoming kind of fun. So what else do I get to be next?

Cheers

Well then. I’m definitely not as decorated nor have any accolades to tout. I was only looking for feedback but got drama. Could’ve used a simple yes or no and a small explanation as to why but got this. Hilarious.

Well I just chased down some 30.06 Lapua brass that my USPS driver tried to drive away with. It will need some attention so I’ll leave you folks to carry on the bantering.

Brand loyalty I get. Trying to justify the cash you spent I get. Having to escalate things to this level because people don’t see eye to eye I don’t get. I understand but it’s the internet. Like a bad phone call from the ex old lady... there really is no good reason to engage unless you’re a glutton for that kind of stuff.
You hitched your argument to the wrong horse and now it's been proven wrong. No one is not being civil and if a few bad words are too much to handle than this may not be the best place ( or so I've been told.) We can have a heated debate, especially when people have suffered real losses. It's healthy for the sport and this site to have open and fair debates. It's the only way to separate what's real from the BS (sponsers & those with a financial intetest). When's the last time you read a negative review in a gun mag?
See from my point of view as a consumer, anytime my personal time is taken up to rectify a problem not brought on by me.... I’d call it a real loss. With that said, numerous warranty stories from any sort of manufacturer leaves me feeling leary. Hence my asking. I was also asking as I am contemplating a PST G2 as a potential purchase. No idea which wagon I hitched myself to but if an open mind is a wagon then okay.

Wow...so...yeah...just...are we still talking about optics? I cannot tell.

I had a PST Gen 1 that I gifted to my dad. Say what you will about Vortex, it broke my heart to see my dad put together a nice AR and slap some shitty, $100 optic on top of it. I couldn't abide it. The PST Gen 1 I gave him seems to track accurately and I recently used it out to 700 meters...a fair poke with a 6.8 SPC, which is what it lives on. Before it's current life, it lived on a Remington 700 Sendero SFII in 7mm RemMag. I didn't have issues with it there, either (I sold the rifle because the caliber was impractical, I didn't like the HS Precision stock and didn't feel like keeping the action - thus the scope was free).

I liked the Gen 1 enough that I bought a PST Gen 2 of the 5-25x50mm variety. The glorious thing about ignorance is I don't really have anything better to compare it to and, so, cannot be disappointed. It hasn't seen any real "hard use" - it sits atop an AR as well at the moment. Only a few hundred rounds of life so far - time will tell. I'm in the market for another scope, maybe even something better...but, I've no intention of dropping $4k on the current "it" thing, whatever that be.

What's the same of his shop, so I don't ever spend a fucking cent in it...............
Well, since you asked, I did a modicum of research to see if this is the same Primus that was on Scout, since he uses the same name, keeps referencing Scout as if is old time SH shit (plus it’s not available and pretty much unverifiable), and he acts arrogant and all knowing just like Primus on Scout.

Primus on Scout was the president of Primal Rights, which is a business located in South Dakota. Looking at this Primus’ profile, he says he’s from Washington State.

So if that’s really the case, then I made an understandable, but incorrect assumption regarding him being an optics dealer. That does not change anything else regarding his personal biases though.
In all fairness the only people I have ever accused of being shills...we're verifable sponsered shooters and vendors. Most of them self admitidly bias.

But at the same time, not all opinions are equal. You can see it in this thread where people who lack the historical context of the subject matter, can't take that Into consideration of their arguements. It's frustrating to have to repeat the same truths over and over again because people are ignorant.

And just an FYI, I have worked for federal government since I was 17. Had a few part time stints for fun money, but uncle samuel has signed my check, every 2 weeks or on the first and fifteenth since I was a junior in high school.

So once again we have someone here spewing unverifiable and unsubstatiated bullshit ( you) because of your inability to win a debate via reason , logic and knowledge. Keep making stuff up, this is becoming kind of fun. So what else do I get to be next?

Cheers
So, other than the possibility that you may not be the same Primus that was so active on Scout, just what exactly else that I said are you calling bullshit. I do have the full history of the Steiner T5Xi rollout as I purchased very early in the presage and waited for mine like everyone else.

I did have minor parallax and focus issues when dialed close in at 100 yards and had a bitch of a time getting the diopter dialed in as it was super touchy. However, unlike the rest of the whiners that couldn’t slow down and wait for the new Steiner US group to get their act together, I used my scope and waited until the rest were done pitching fits and then contacted the the newly established rep on Scout, filed for warranty on their site and quickly received an email, with an RMA with prepaid postage. I sent it in for repair and two weeks later received a new scope in the mail.

No doubt that your experience must have been different, but your personal hatred needs to be dialed back. Or are you always this annoying on a regular basis?

And, for the record and as I said before, I am neither a sponsored shooter in any way nor a vendor in any way. I am just a shooter that has used many scopes and still do. I also have been in this and in the forums long enough to watch the typical shit shows that ensue when almost any vendor makes the mistake of doing an introductory pre-sale and then has trouble delivering on time or has roll-out issues. I probably posted 50 times in various threads on Scout that had to do with this Steiner, since there was so much whining and entitled crying and moaning and so little actual manning up and dealing with things in a sensible adult businesslike way.

You call it whitewashing and changing history. I was there through it all and know exactly how things were handled throughout. Steiner screwed up. They’ve admitted as much and are paying the price for it even today. That’s how it works when you screw up.

You are thinking of orkan....nice try tho buddy.

If you tell enough lies they don't become truths.

You are right, I was thinking of Orkan.

So what are you calling lies? I don’t tell lies and don’t appreciate that your inability to accept reality manifests itself in name calling and innuendo.

I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. Apparently you do.

If you truly were on Scout, you know that I posted in all of those threads and you know the truth. The fact that you cannot accept that is telling.

I think we can probably lock this thread at this point. It has completely derailed off topic and turned into a dick measuring contest.

Well, after reading through here, I'm sure glad I don't have a T series. Lol You could make someone who is perfectly happy with one second guess their purchase reading all the negativity. However, I do know someone who uses the T series on some big game hunts with magnum calibers with zero issue. Money is no object for him either.

Btw, I'm in no way shape or form saying the accusations aren't true. Could be many shit experiences. I do know, as someone who owns many gun stores has less problems with the Steiner scopes in comparison to Vortex. So he says and I have no verifiable proof to back that up either. But again, I'm sure Vortex outsells Steiner 10:1 here in the US. IMO, doesn't mean much to me...

Probably. Like I said, I didn't hold much merit to his claims. He did however give me a good deal on an M-series, in which I've been happy with. As far as I know, he was playing salesman.