• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Viper PST vs. Nightforce NXS $1000 Difference?

Re: Viper PST vs. Nightforce NXS $1000 Difference?

High Binder and Hydro take it to PMs if you want to argue any longer. Already getting mod alerts. We get more the ban hammer will fall.

I'm already done Rob.

I hated to sidetrack the thread and apologize to the members/staff. Just didnt sit well with me to have my credibility attacked by someone I dont even know.

My apologies.

ql4O7.png

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi i just would like to try and steer you into a different direction. i personaly would advise you to look at a lower powered scope even a 3-12 without adjustable paralax would be benificial if you are staying inside 500 yards and shooting hogs where you might want to dial the power down to take close shots.
I would look at a 3-12 or 4-16 scope or another scope in that range of power. the Nightforce has a loyal following their F1 would be my choice there but at that price there are other scopes i believe are better for the money. if you can get a first focal plane scope that is reliable then go for it i have heard good things about the Vortex line and having the option of a FFP would likley steer me in that direction and if you compare the FFP Nightforce to the FFP Vortex there is a lot more than a grand extra in it.

</div></div>

I think Wild Bill has a good point here. Shooting at sub-500 range why not go with 2.5-10, 10 sufficient for 500 and 2.5 would be optimal for close range work plus having a large field of view at the lower powers instead of being stuck at say 6 is ideal for hunting situations.

This: http://swfa.com/Vortex-25-10x44-Viper-PST-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P44567.aspx

that 2.5-10 would be my choice over the larger scopes mentioned for your application. if you have the extra coin go for a higher quality brand but they do have a lifetime warrentee and are well priced i can not comment on the quality but at a lower power you tend not to come into the clarity and resolution issues you do with higher power optics. Also if you are staying under 500 yards you dont require over 10 power. i have a NXS 2.5-10X24 and is is awsome the 2.5-10X32 would also be a perfect scope for your intended use light and compact with all the features you will need for close range hog shooting and shooting out to 500 yards. See if you can get behind one of each and then make up your mind whatever one will work best for you and the things like reticle availability and the ability to see the reticle on the lower power settings is a huge thing i am not a super fan of Mill Dots but in the NF it was the best reticle to be able to be clearly seen at 2.5 power and still retain a ranging capability that is why i went with it and with Mills on the turrets.

Good luck but realy only you can decide what scope fits your needs the S&B 3-12X50 would be an amasing scope for your rifle aswell but they are a bit more than the NF and harder to come by.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SA-Lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a $1000. difference between the Viper PST 6-24X50 and the Nightforce 5.5-22X50 NXS?? Will the nightforce out perform the Vortex by $1000. ??? I will only be shooting up to 500 yards. Looking forward to your imput.
Thanks </div></div>

On that point, will Leupold's $4000 1.1-8 CQBSS scope out perform S&B's $2500 1-8 Short-Dot or any other scope for that matter? Most definitely not I'm thinking. Only a few will be buying the CQBSS at that price.

If you are only shooting on a range with occasional western style game hunting where shots are long, the 6-24 would suit you fine.

If, on the other hand, you are going to use it for hunting and shots may occur at 100 yards and closer, I think you should consider a low end around 3 or 4.

I have looked through both the weaver 3-15x and the PST 4-16x, personally, I preferred the weaver. The glass was clearer, the image more defined. I liked the locking turrets and the overall execution better.

MANY folks are absolutely pleased with their PST 4-16x.

The question should be. Is it worth it to YOU? When was I facing that decision. I went with the PST 6x24.

I just couldn't justify putting a $2000.00 scope on a %550.00 out of the box Remington.

I'm very happy with it for what I payed for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IslandTime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good post 308. Thank you sir! </div></div>

Nothing like dredging up a nearly two year old thread to pad your way to 100 posts... Might as well just tell us what you're selling now.

Every single one of your 51 posts are bullshit one liners.

For me? Not worth the extra money. I'm not a MIL or LEO sniper, or likely to use my rifle as a club any time soon. I'm a recreational shooter that wants to play 'shootin games,' but I'm not so good that $1000 scope is going to make me mo better. When I take it out fox hunting it isn't going to ruin a multi-thousand dollar hunt if it were to break because some varmint shot it. It fills my function requirement and I don't feel like I've 'cheaped out.' I can shoot as far as I can see and if I miss it isn't the scope that is the cause. It's not my fault either... still trying to figure out who to blame.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IslandTime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good post 308. Thank you sir! </div></div>

Nothing like dredging up a nearly two year old thread to pad your way to 100 posts... Might as well just tell us what you're selling now.

Every single one of your 51 posts are bullshit one liners.</div></div>

HA HA HA HA! Well...the proverbial cat is outta the bag, now!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IslandTime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good post 308. Thank you sir! </div></div>

HA HA HA HA! Well...the proverbial cat is outta the bag, now! </div></div>

HA HA HA HA! Well...the proverbial cat is outta the bag, <span style="font-weight: bold">MEOW</span>!

Fixed it.

Ill play LOL.

NF beats Vortex hands down in every category. I have both. Its worth saving the extra $$

The mere fact that anyone is arguing over the merits of each scope should be testament that the PST line of optics are a pretty damn good deal for the money.

Everyone has seen the guy that shows up to the range with his 5k rifle setup and can't hit shit. Some people attempt to buy skills. Everyone that has done any shooting has seen the guy show up at the range with the most he can afford. It may be a 300.00 scope and a 500.00 rifle and he whoops everyone a-- with it.

Buy what you can afford and go shoot the damn thing.

Just go w/ a Sightron SIII MOA2 reticle,
best scope for the money

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IslandTime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good post 308. Thank you sir! </div></div>

The funniest part is that people are still putting in their two cents despite the fact that the OP hasn't posted here since creating this thread 1.5 years ago and there have been a million other threads on this same topic since. LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IslandTime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good post 308. Thank you sir! </div></div>

The funniest part is that people are still putting in their two cents despite the fact that the OP hasn't posted here since creating this thread 1.5 years ago and there have been a million other threads on this same topic since. LOL. </div></div>

I didn't see original date.

But the question is still relevant to a lot of people.

If you don't have the cash a Vortex is a good choice, but if you do go NF i owned both and all I own now are NF and there isn't 1k difference if you know where to buy unless you want FFP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kubitza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...and there isn't 1k difference if you know where to buy unless you want FFP </div></div>

Be very interested if you have a low cost supplier in mind.