• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Virginia Teacher Placed on Leave after Speaking Truth

No, but perhaps we can discuss what things can be done, and if there’s been a success somewhere, how was that accomplished?

You say you had a huge win this week. Is it a secret or is there information you could share for those that might actually be interested in doing something about this problem?
It's kind of secret in that I wouldn't name names, but I convinced two long time clients, which are family foundations dedicated to education, to provide zero funding over the next ten years to any grantee using CRT in any part of their program. That is about $40 million in gifts over ten years. So not exactly related, but related to the garbage going on in the schools.

There is a lot people can do. Guys like Christopher Rufo are doing really good work. Some states are making a pretty hard play on this right now. I know there are two major angles in the states. One is on the side of legislation, the other is on the side of going through the various state constitutions and showing where this stuff is unconstitutional at a state level. It isn't perfect, but it is a start. A lot of these groups want volunteers or donations, or both.

Granted, we can only do so much pushing back on the feds, but we can do some things that can be constructive.

Reactions: lash
It's kind of secret in that I wouldn't name names, but I convinced two long time clients, which are family foundations dedicated to education, to provide zero funding over the next ten years to any grantee using CRT in any part of their program. That is about $40 million in gifts over ten years. So not exactly related, but related to the garbage going on in the schools.

There is a lot people can do. Guys like Christopher Rufo are doing really good work. Some states are making a pretty hard play on this right now. I know there are two major angles in the states. One is on the side of legislation, the other is on the side of going through the various state constitutions and showing where this stuff is unconstitutional at a state level. It isn't perfect, but it is a start. A lot of these groups want volunteers or donations, or both.

Granted, we can only do so much pushing back on the feds, but we can do some things that can be constructive.
Good post.

It seems there is more than one issue involved here.

-The one being discussed, the teacher who got suspended for speaking (what we consider) the truth.

-Is it possible for an individual to be born with gender confusion.

-The way I approach it is that I accept that some individuals are born gay. It took me a while to accept that but by logic, observation, and hearing the testimonies of a lot of people, I did. Logically, and fairly, I must extend the same to transgender. Some people are born with club feet. Years ago they could have been marked as 'touched by the devil' and shunned. Today we know its just a birth abnormality. It is cruel and wrong to condemn one because of his/her birth. Thats kind of the principle the Republic was founded on, protecting the few.

-On the other hand, I think a HUGE percentage of this is parental/societally/media initiated. Children being pushed to it by the sickness of those around them. I think back to when I was in grade school, there was no talk of this stuff. Its been foisted on us little by little.

-The key is to protect all of them, and mostly from influence from the outside, to allow each individual to develop in its own natural way, with healthy guidance. And common sense. Perhaps this instructor could have been more thoughtful, though I respect his right to speak truth as he sees it.

No I dont support letting little boys who think theyre little girls, piss in the girls bathroom, nor hormone therapy for kids because the parents want it. Once youre mature if thats what you want then thats your right just like its mine to buy another gun, but leave the children to develop in their own way.

It's funny, when I see that picture, I don't see the stupid meme, but a dichotomy of what was and is. Willie, for any disagreement I might have with him politically, grew up dirt poor in a place in which he likely was on the ass end of real, punishing racism, got an education, worked his ass off, was smart as hell, and, which he is slightly ethically challenged, was probably the best mayor San Francisco has had in half a century, if you ask any conservative left there. He never beat anybody over the head with race shit, he just busted ass.

Kamala Harris, on the other hand, grew up with every privilege and opportunity in the world and has never missed an opportunity to complain about everything, malign people as racists, try to squeeze every slightly legal perk out of her position and attack everybody who is even slightly different from her.

If we are going to have Democrats in this world, let them be Willie Browns.

Good post.

It seems there is more than one issue involved here.

-The one being discussed, the teacher who got suspended for speaking (what we consider) the truth.

-Is it possible for an individual to be born with gender confusion.

-The way I approach it is that I accept that some individuals are born gay. It took me a while to accept that but by logic, observation, and hearing the testimonies of a lot of people, I did. Logically, and fairly, I must extend the same to transgender. Some people are born with club feet. Years ago they could have been marked as 'touched by the devil' and shunned. Today we know its just a birth abnormality. It is cruel and wrong to condemn one because of his/her birth. Thats kind of the principle the Republic was founded on, protecting the few.

-On the other hand, I think a HUGE percentage of this is parental/societally/media initiated. Children being pushed to it by the sickness of those around them. I think back to when I was in grade school, there was no talk of this stuff. Its been foisted on us little by little.

-The key is to protect all of them, and mostly from influence from the outside, to allow each individual to develop in its own natural way, with healthy guidance. And common sense. Perhaps this instructor could have been more thoughtful, though I respect his right to speak truth as he sees it.

No I dont support letting little boys who think theyre little girls, piss in the girls bathroom, nor hormone therapy for kids because the parents want it. Once youre mature if thats what you want then thats your right just like its mine to buy another gun, but leave the children to develop in their own way.
I think that is basically right. I have no interest in condemning people who are different from me, nor in making their lives harder than they need to be. But yeah, there is something seriously wrong when you see incidents of transgenderism jump 10000%, and it isn' hard to see where the problem lies. I honestly cannot understand what the motivation is for people on this subject, to push trans into the mainstream. I get it on a lot of issues, on race, sexuality etc. Both from a perceived moral standpoint, and also from a cynical, identity politics one. But with the trans stuff they literally have to form a new identity group that never existed, and they are likely forming it out of people who would have been allied with them anyway, or so I suppose. It remains confusing to me.

As to the teacher, I think the more ridiculous something is, the more you have to back it with some sort of force, because there is no logic to convince peopel.

I think this is headed, or will be, to the Supreme Court. It’s appears he was suspended because his religious beliefs. There by violating his 1st amendment rights.
What bothers me most about these stories, other than the fact that they happen, is that the teacher is punished if he/she is Christian (and I assume that from the article though I didn’t see it explicitly stated).

However, should a Muslim utter the same words, he/she would be applauded for the courage to stand up and would be excused from following the new policy

Reactions: Sleddog30
I think that is basically right. I have no interest in condemning people who are different from me, nor in making their lives harder than they need to be. But yeah, there is something seriously wrong when you see incidents of transgenderism jump 10000%, and it isn' hard to see where the problem lies. I honestly cannot understand what the motivation is for people on this subject, to push trans into the mainstream. I get it on a lot of issues, on race, sexuality etc. Both from a perceived moral standpoint, and also from a cynical, identity politics one. But with the trans stuff they literally have to form a new identity group that never existed, and they are likely forming it out of people who would have been allied with them anyway, or so I suppose. It remains confusing to me.

As to the teacher, I think the more ridiculous something is, the more you have to back it with some sort of force, because there is no logic to convince peopel.
Ive thought on it and the best I can come up with is to just call it 'evil'. That force which is counter to 'good', and strives to steal our real freedoms and replace them with false one. Though Ive studied all the major religions Im not 'religious' just try to discern truth where it exists At the risk of offending Turbo, we might call it as coming from 'The Father of Lies'.

Ive thought on it and the best I can come up with is to just call it 'evil'. That force which is counter to 'good', and strives to steal our real freedoms and replace them with false one. Though Ive studied all the major religions Im not 'religious' just try to discern truth where it exists At the risk of offending Turbo, we might call it as coming from 'The Father of Lies'.
So, I don't really believe in good and evil. Or maybe I do but don't find it important. Either way, if I were to categorize evil, it would be somebody who works only toward his own ends with no care for anybody else, but in that case, I would still expect some sort of obvious benefit to the actor. With trans, I just don't get it. I mean, I suppose there has been some benefit politically, but it seems like the hardest road to hoe, especially when compared to divisions based on historical issues, like race, sexuality, (actual) gender, religion.

I'm also not religious, though I guess I would classify myself as basically pro-Christian but in no way Christian if I were to describe my posture toward it. But I see even biblical stories as metaphor, and the Devil as more of an example of what I reference above. Kind of the embodiment of the belief only in one's own ends, so again I wonder why. I have a good friend, a conservative writer, whose belief on this is that if we come to the point where we believe that even gender is not real, then we have opened up the door to all possible unreality. I like it, but it seems awfully deep for these people.

Reactions: Maggot
I like it, but it seems awfully deep for these people.
Ah yes. There’s the condescension that I’m used to seeing from you. Thank you ever so much for your elucidating views on so much that us mere mortals can only dream to understand.

Ah yes. There’s the condescension that I’m used to seeing from you. Thank you ever so much for your elucidating views on so much that us mere mortals can only dream to understand.
Sorry, what I meant is that it seems like an awfully deep thought for those who came up with all of the transgender theory to have had in mind when they came up with it. Not the way I think you took it, though I can see why you did as what I wrote wasn't particularly clear.