• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Viridian...the best laser??

Buzzsaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2006
Frisco, Texas
Looked at one at the gunshop yesterday. Really seemed much better than Crimson Trace I'm used to. Anybody used one? Pro's, Co's, opinion's?? It will go on this since I'm too blind to use the sights properly.

buzz1.jpg

buzz2.jpg

buzz4.jpg

Re: Viridian...the best laser??

I've used a Viridian X5L on USP 40C and liked it. It had both the tac light and the green laser, and was easily adjustable. I'm not generally a big fan of lasers because I think that it often gets substituted in lieu of solid pistol training and practice. Provided it's not being used that way, then I think it's a pretty solid product.

Not sure if I got a lemon, but the Viridian I put on a P22 has issues with holding zero. I had to rezero several times.

It has also sh*t out after about 4 months of use. I haven't sent it back yet, but there is some sort of short in the on/off. I can turn it on and nothing happens, but if I give it a knock, the laser will temporarily turn on.

The overall design and mounting feels solid and the laser itself was impressive (when it worked, lol). I could easily see the green laser on daylight targets.

Hope my issues are an isolated problem, since I would really like to keep using this setup; it's a lot of fun when it's working. I'll have to see how it performs after Viridian replaces it.

My P22 Veridian ate batteries. I think it finally just quit working. I say that because I just don't want to pay for more of those expensive batteries.

multiple function which are handy. Control buttons are not real user friendly. No remote pressure switch. Other brighter lights available. None the less I love my X5L.

the laser max uni max green laser is a lot more durable IMO and probably more accurate to.

I have one for my P229R and its been spot on since I zeroed it. The downside is the CR2 batteries are damn expensive and hard for me to find at the local computer stores.

I got one for my XD9 a few months ago, and it works great. I really like it, but actually have not zeroed it yet. I'm not too worried about it being off much, as I did align it to the irons.

My battery did go south in a couple months but it was the one it shipped with. The new one is going strong. Great visibility in all conditions I've had it in. Have not used the light that much.

I've been meaning to take some pics of it but have not done that either, my summer has been full this year.