• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Virus Problem?

Mister Ridge

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 15, 2011
    Maryland
    Several times when visiting this site, the Norton software on my computer has popped up saying it blocked something. It has been the same two things each time. Something to the effect of: Web Attack Nuclear Exploit Kit Download 4/5. Not sure what that is. Some times it shows up and sometimes it doesn't.

No but the Norton guys in their hazmat suits are containing the threat.....jk

I have the same thing when I log on.

Same here with the warning from my Anti-Virus. Every time I click on the forum it goes nuts and pops up with the same virus/Trojan/ whatever listed above.

Yep me too. Just happened for first time few mins ago. Firefox browser. Says it's an attack site.

Chrome report the following. Used Firefox to get here. Excuse me while I scan my pc now...

The Website Ahead Contains Malware!
    Google Chrome has blocked access to forum.snipershide.com for now.
    Even if you have visited this website safely in the past, visiting it now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
    Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion. Learn more

IMG_1750.JPG (2).jpgIMG_1750.JPG (2).jpg

It's not harmful but a pain in the ass someone(third party) has attach to the site.

This is the results from Google for malware attacks on Sniper's Hide Forum.

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for forum.snipershide.com

What is the current listing status for forum.snipershide.com?
    Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
    What happened when Google visited this site?
    Of the 47483 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2014-08-29, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS6939 (HURRICANE), AS15169 (GOOGLE).
    Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
    Over the past 90 days, forum.snipershide.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
    Has this site hosted malware?
    No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
    How did this happen?
    In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Notice that although listed as suspicious there have been no reported malware attacks over the last 90 days, and did not function as an intermediary for infection of any sites over the last 90 days. This warning you are getting is a false positive. There have been no results of malicious activity over the last 90 days.

Last edited:
    Several times when visiting this site, the Norton software on my computer has popped up saying it blocked something. It has been the same two things each time. Something to the effect of: Web Attack Nuclear Exploit Kit Download 4/5. Not sure what that is. Some times it shows up and sometimes it doesn't.

Getting the same attack, but Norton is blocking it...

Was running a Corporate Norton AV program the military used and got a Virus called Chernobyl which did the same thing too my hard drive as it did to the actual place! Melted my hard drive as in I had to replace it with a new 1 ! I emailed Norton and they said they knew about the Virus and the fix was in a patch on there website but with a melted hard drive it did not do a whole lotta good! That was last Windows based computer I bought and have been running Apple systems with no issues ever since ! I have also not received any of the messages everyone else is getting on this site?

Same attack (Web Attack Nuclear Exploit Kit Download ) detected/blocked by Norton today.

Wondering if some of the ads are the source - wouldn't be the first time.

All, on the 29th - Google listed the site as containing "uncatagorized type of malware" when we asked for more detail, they just updated their results to the site being clean and no problems detected. Further as DeadSilence stated even though Google listed SH - they did not actually find any malware.

As for the Norton pop ups, next time this happens - can someone screenshot SH - so we can try and track this down? So far, some random ad being displayed is the best theory. Either that or Norton just doesn't like SH! :)

Thanks in advance for anyone who happens to find more info on this; as none of the malware or virus or rootkit or any other scanners we used on the SH have found anything!

-Michael

Im getting multiple attack warnings now.

Sweet orange exploit kit

Internet explorer cve-2014-0322

Was it in a specific thread or just in forum in general ?

I am wondering if they are keying on the spambots that are in the moderation queue ?

I delete those daily, but I am working since it is clearly "linked" and not installed if they are hitting on those not moderated when it checks

Just in the forum in general for me. The page would load for a split second and norton would shut it down immediately as if the attack happens as soon as the page begins to load. That was with the cve-2014-0322 warning. With the sweet orange expoit, same thing as soon as the page loads but norton doesnt do a complete redirect. Is just get a popup in the corner notifying me of the attempt.

Was it in a specific thread or just in forum in general ?

I am wondering if they are keying on the spambots that are in the moderation queue ?

I delete those daily, but I am working since it is clearly "linked" and not installed if they are hitting on those not moderated when it checks

Mine was after clicking on Forum from the Home page and the Forum front loaded.

I just checked Google when I read this and they are not issuing any site warnings, so I would think it is keying on links...

Guys hot link too much stuff here and some of those links are the issue. It has been with all the alerts from Aug 29th, hot linking from bad site

nothing is installed on here, we are not "hosting' any of this

Tonight going directly to the Reloading Forum's front page via IE's Favorites Bar, Norton blocked an attack. Couldn't get a screen shot.

Since that page contains no posters' links, the malware (in my case) is likely from an advertisement, no?

FWIW, a second attempt to reach that page via IE's Favorites bar was successful. Same page, except for adverts, no?

Plus Tom's Hardware news feed included a brief article a couple of days ago saying adverts were caught DLing malware. The ads got through the ad service's defenses in a manner I've since forgotten, and the news blurb said the ad services had caught it. Perhaps not lol - I mean what else would they say but they caught it :)

Googled and found this link to an article posted today: Malicious Ads. I doubt that ALL attacks are exactly like the single example given in that article.

Last edited:
    Ads are hosted here,

we have Tactical republic, but they use the same system we have.

Our ads are installed on the server, a scan would flag as the same as if it was in a post

I just checked and no extra codes in the ads I see, anytime a hack happened in the past with our ads the code is easy to spot.

And as noted Google still shows the site is clear. If it was our ads the server would be compromised

Symantec is telling me of a threat when I open the forum page. I can't get a screen shot, it goes away too fast.

I just got a new warning from Norton

Sweet Orange Exploit Kit Website

It happened on the Home page.

I got a screen shot but I'm lost how to post it.

I think I figured it out,

it's definitely not a virus or malware on the site, but now when I see guys posting the random warnings I check the moderation queue and sure enough there are Spambots with links in it.

So our system is catching the spambot that includes links, but it's getting read as the site has it. Nobody sees it because the system is blocking it and keeping it from being posted and visible, but it's being read anyway.

We we have scanned the system, it's clean, but we definitely get spam bots on here daily and now it's being counted as malware hosted by the site.

I got a message that this is a "Attack Site", I backed out of the ite and rebooted and got the message again. Strange. Yes we are somewhat of an attack site but not in the way the warning meant.

Just happened today to me; first time with Vipre security software

Couldn't get in,,now no problem

It was a link / image from 2010 in the "Putting Images in Posts" thread.

the easy fix to was delete the entire 15 page thread because this was an image on page 1, so rather than have it happen 15 more times, I deleted it.

It was a dead link, but since it was posted the site was blacklisted, so we get nailed.

We weren't hacked, we aren't hosting any Malware, it's just overly aggressive policing.