• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Virus warning on SH

Re: Virus warning on SH

Frank,
What element was launching the offending code?
Just curious about how Firefox with adblock/flashblock sidestepped it.

I'm not a tech guy, but it looked like a php code that was a base_64 thingy that was installed through an exploit in the video upload section of OpenX.

I never used this, my video is housed at a separate location, so they cracked the plugin and gained access to add an "iFrame" to the Prepend section of the banner files.

So every banner had a prepend code attached to it.

If that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense.
Since I don't see banners (sorry) I never saw the bug.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rescueswimmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">before you do that. Do this

click start - My Computer - click on the C: icon- then click on program files - find the folder malware bytes click on it. -

right click on the file called MBAM in the dropdown menue click rename. Then call it friend. Hit enter. then double click that file. Malware bytes should open.

</div></div>

I did this and it would not let me rename the file. Thanks anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ubuntu is equally nice.
It's not a bad idea to setup a PC as dual-boot with Windows/Ubuntu and use Ubuntu for surfing and Windows for business, etc.

http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/windows-installer</div></div>

I have finally switched over to windows 7 and I have discovered a great way to run Ubuntu. I am running VMware Player and installing in VMware. Seems to work great. Can update, add programs, everything without having to partition or using Wubi.
You don't have to reboot either
smile.gif

Just got this in an e mail...

Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton: Please send it to everybody you know who has Access to the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled “Here you have it”. If you open either file, a message will appear on your screen saying: 'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful....'

Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC, And the person who sent it to you will gain access to your Name, e-mail and password. This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the anti virus software's are not capable of destroying it.

The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner'.

Dude no offense what does that have to do with the site ?

I have a guy coming on here claiming he is getting a warning, no one else is, and now I have to look specifically for a problem.

What you guys don't get it, I can't see any of this, I don't use a Windows machine so I don't see the problems. I rely on you guys to tell me if something is wrong.

So, I need details about this site, not anything else

I thought I was the only one. I didnt know where it came from til I found this post. Thanks for cleaning it up!

I got hammered with it this morning.
I'll try all the items mentioned.

Let's hope it works.

i've been on the site alot the last few weeks, no issues whatsoever

i use Opera as my primary browser, just 30 minutes ago it gave me the certificate warning message. i didn't get a virus warning(i use nod32) but i did close the browser just in case.

malwarebytes active protection hasn't popped up either

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They did a complete test again to today, including using:

http://www.unmaskparasites.com/security-report/

And we continue to be clean of the problem from the weekend. </div></div>
havnt used that one before Frank. Looks like a good one. I have been using this one for a couple of years now
http://www.avg.com.au/resources/web-page-scanner/

I got infected by it yesterday morning.
I'm running malwarebytes in a scan now under a different user with Administrative rights now.
What else should I be doing?
I'm no computer wizard so any help will be greatly appreciated.

PS...this thing walked by my MCafee like it was standing still.

Mayday....mayday...mayday.

Thank you,

Get a good computer that doesn't run windows and you won't have issues with viruses. Simple. Aside from that fact, it's common knowledge in the infosec community that AV companies do this crap just to keep you buying licenses for their crappy programs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300snipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a good computer that doesn't run windows and you won't have issues with viruses. Simple. Aside from that fact, it's common knowledge in the infosec community that AV companies do this crap just to keep you buying licenses for their crappy programs. </div></div>

How's that Apple flavored Koolaid? Tasty?

It's common knowledge?
Show me what I've been missing.