• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Virus warning

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code:</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" ><pre>http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2672200&amp;page=2</pre></div></div>

Got a virus warning on this page because of an image that someone hot-linked out to on a known malware site.

Re: Virus warning

I'm getting the warning as well. Here's what I'm getting:

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 25 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 6 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-12-10, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-12-10.
Malicious software includes 1 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 4 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including incgamers.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS7796 (ATMLINK).

Same thing as danh

Firefox throws a fit, IE doesn't care.

It seems the only way to get Firefox to chill out is to uncheck the "block reported sites" box under the security tab.

Really don't want to uncheck it for all, so I added snipershide to the exceptions tab, but it still blocks the site. Any suggestions?

Also, I get this from badware site:

StopBadware is here to help. See our tips for cleaning & securing your website. Once your site is clean, you will need to request a review. You can request additional assistance in our online community, BadwareBusters.org.

is this something Lowlight would have to do or the users?

The site was hacked yesterday and quickly repaired, however google required me to manually request a site check which I have been in the filed doing the 338 bullet test and did not bring a computer, just an iPad, so I could request the check until this evening.

The site is safe, and the server company has been monitoring the situation, but I hold certain details which I do not have.

It will be submitted and checked when I return tomorrow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The site was hacked yesterday and quickly repaired, however google required me to manually request a site check which I have been in the filed doing the 338 bullet test and did not bring a computer, just an iPad, so I could request the check until this evening.

The site is safe, and the server company has been monitoring the situation, but I hold certain details which I do not have.

It will be submitted and checked when I return tomorrow </div></div>

Thanks Lowlight
wink.gif

Thanks for posting this. I was convinced that somehow, despite all other reassurances, that I had gotten a virus on my MAC machines. Old (PC) habits die hard.

Avast has been blowing me up when I try an access this site (forum) using my home computer. Activates when I am trying to access the forum part of this site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paramil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Avast has been blowing me up when I try an access this site (forum) using my home computer. Activates when I am trying to access the forum part of this site. </div></div>
Yesterday Google was telling me there was a problem, today it isn't.

The problem is solved according to LowLight- the site owner.

vipre completly blocked the hide for me all today....i had to go to exceptions and manually add the url to even get on today....