• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vision Chassis Updates

Thorbeast

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2014
Just an FYI...

Vision made some updates to their chassis. These updates are backwards compatible. Unfortunately they haven't offered a midsection that removes the hump infront of the magazine well, but they have made some nice updates to the buttpad and cheek riser.

Also, new website launches earlier this week and they are offering a sale on parts and accessories.

I didn't see this discussed and thought some vision owners might be interested in some of the updates, especially at a reduced price.

I didn't really have any issue with my current cheek pieces but I know @Lowlight wanted to be able to thumb the bolt and coyldnt adjust the cheek back so his thumb would fit, so this new one would fix that for him. Might be nice for it to be a touch longer though.

Gonna have to look hard at the buttpad though. The gen1 is kind of hard and doesn't fit as well as my krg does for example.

Thanks for posting

Just an FYI...

Vision made some updates to their chassis. These updates are backwards compatible. Unfortunately they haven't offered a midsection that removes the hump infront of the magazine well, but they have made some nice updates to the buttpad and cheek riser.

Also, new website launches earlier this week and they are offering a sale on parts and accessories.

I didn't see this discussed and thought some vision owners might be interested in some of the updates, especially at a reduced price.
Do you know if the new butpad just doesn't have the ability to cant it now or if it works differently? It doesn't have the center circle screw like the gen1 which is used to cant the pad if you want to. Just curious before I go buy 2 of em

Do you know if the new butpad just doesn't have the ability to cant it now or if it works differently? It doesn't have the center circle screw like the gen1 which is used to cant the pad if you want to. Just curious before I go buy 2 of em

You will lose cant adjustability with the new buttpad assembly.

You will lose cant adjustability with the new buttpad assembly.
Ok, thats not a huge deal to me if the pad is softer. I guess I could always switch it back if it ever was an issue but I don't cant the visions anyway

I already converted ours to use an AI butt pad and a KRG cheek piece 🤷🏼‍♂️
IMG_4344.jpeg

Ok so wait a sec , can you explain what you did there exactly? Is that cheek piece the new one or a different one you got for an AI and then made it fit the vision? Same for butpad?
Is that the old Vision or new Vision? If it's the old, does it still allow can't adjustment? Thanks
This is one of the first Visions that came from GCP. Not sure if it’s the same as what’s coming in now. The original butt pad had the knurled knob embedded in it that was used for cant adjustment. I never needed to cant it and it hurts on the collar bone so I drilled and tapped the metal plate to accept an AI butt pad. The shape of the pad/spacers is almost perfect and if I remember correctly one of the screw holes lined up. I just needed to drill and tap a hole for the other screw and it looks like it was made to go on it 🤙🏼. No cant adjustment now but I don’t use it on this rifle anyway.

Believe it or not the cheek piece is from a Bravo, strange but it works really well. This was a little more tricky as I had to make a bracket for it to work. I don’t have a lathe or a mill so I had to do it old school with a torch, a hammer and a file but it worked out really well.

The real reason I did the cheek piece is because the original was too far forward for me. I use a really long LOP and my cheek wanted to land off the back edge of the riser when LOP was at max. When I first got it I suggested they extend the cheek piece back as far as it would go bc there wasn’t really any reason not to. There’s blank space there and plenty of room to do it. I’m curious what the new one looks like.

Reactions: Milf Dots
This is one of the first Visions that came from GCP. Not sure if it’s the same as what’s coming in now. The original butt pad had the knurled knob embedded in it that was used for cant adjustment. I never needed to cant it and it hurts on the collar bone so I drilled and tapped the metal plate to accept an AI butt pad. The shape of the pad/spacers is almost perfect and if I remember correctly one of the screw holes lined up. I just needed to drill and tap a hole for the other screw and it looks like it was made to go on it 🤙🏼. No cant adjustment now but I don’t use it on this rifle anyway.

Believe it or not the cheek piece is from a Bravo, strange but it works really well. This was a little more tricky as I had to make a bracket for it to work. I don’t have a lathe or a mill so I had to do it old school with a torch, a hammer and a file but it worked out really well.

The real reason I did the cheek piece is because the original was too far forward for me. I use a really long LOP and my cheek wanted to land off the back edge of the riser when LOP was at max. When I first got it I suggested they extend the cheek piece back as far as it would go bc there wasn’t really any reason not to. There’s blank space there and plenty of room to do it. I’m curious what the new one looks like.
It looks like the new one is exactly that. It's smooth and doesn't have the little diamond type pattern or whatever that's on the original cheek piece and it's longer but fully adjustable back and forward with the same up and down adjustment as the original. Looks to be a good improvement.

The new but pad looks to be pretty much like what you did there. It removes the circular knurled screw so there is no cant but it's also softer material so I'm probably going to end up getting both for both vision chassis. That and the lack of a locking mechanism or bumper spot or something on the folding stock when it's folded were the only things I would ever want to improve.