• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

vltor modpod for DTA SRS

Re: vltor modpod for DTA SRS

I planned the same for mine as I have one on my .223 SPR that I really like, but something gave me the impression that it wouldn't be sturdy enough using all plastic legs on a .338LM SRS. So I got a similar arrangement made by RBD Precision. It's twice as much money, but a much stronger support system.

SRS_01.jpg

In hindsight, I don't know if it's all that necessary, but it is nice. You might do fine with the modpod.

Adam

I have one inbound from Brownells as we speak. It's going a 3gun rifle. I will post as soon as I have it in hand.

Adam,

I got the Vltor bipod yday. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but my guess is that it is not up to the task of permanent use on a long range rifle. The polymer flexes a fair amount even though the lockup of the leg is solid.

If I can figure out how to reduce the friction in rotating the legs it may be a very good option for a 3 gun rifle in open division.

I will post more when I use it.

Craig

Think you will be very dissapointed running it on an SRS. I had one on a KAC set up as an SPR and its a nice lightweight bipod for that application but I dont think it would be much use on a precision bolt gun.

First it is slow to adjust the leg height. Second it has no play for any sort of panning or tilt. Lastly its a bit to flimsy to really load up as I'm accustomed to doing with my bipods.

All in all its a good bipod, just not for your application.

Agree that the modpod might be a bit light for the DTA in .338. Anyone know of a heavier duty side mounted bipod I can use for my AICs? I like the look of the RBD above, but can't find anything like it out there.

i´m also interested in the Vltor bipod but it looks a little weak. I´m planing putting it on a MAK Tubegun with a 28" barrel so the bipod must be able to handle the weight of the rifle. Anyone have any opinons regarding the Vltor bipod or can recommend something else? What i like about the Vltor construction is the low centre of gravity.

The bipods above from RBD Precision looks nice, anyone knows where i can find more information about them?