• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Vodka, best bang for your buck?

Garvey

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2010
Melissa, Texas
I've not had much, I'm no expert. But I do know it's handy to have around (gallon at a time). I don't care for top shelf, expensive, just want what the title says. Best bang for your buck

Re: Vodka, best bang for your buck?

Smirinoff blue label, but if you are drinking a gallon at at time, get some Depends because you are gonna start shitting blood.

The_Smirnoff_Company_Diageo_Smirnoff_No._57_Blue_Label._100_Proof._Vodka_.jpg

Buy the cheapest shit you can find and run it through a Brita filter two or three times. It'll taste like top shelf.

**Disclaimer: I'm not kidding. What makes a Vodka "top shelf" is the filtration.**

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Smirinoff blue label, but if you are drinking a gallon at at time, get some Depends because you are gonna start shitting blood.

The_Smirnoff_Company_Diageo_Smirnoff_No._57_Blue_Label._100_Proof._Vodka_.jpg
</div></div>

The gallon would last several months.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MichiganJeremy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy the cheapest shit you can find and run it through a Brita filter two or three times. It'll taste like top shelf.

**Disclaimer: I'm not kidding. What makes a Vodka "top shelf" is the filtration.** </div></div>

This is basically what our master distiller says, although he distills bourbon so he could be biased...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mead</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MichiganJeremy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy the cheapest shit you can find and run it through a Brita filter two or three times. It'll taste like top shelf.

**Disclaimer: I'm not kidding. What makes a Vodka "top shelf" is the filtration.** </div></div>

This is basically what our master distiller says, although he distills bourbon so he could be biased... </div></div>

Bourbon is all about the flavors imparted by the barrel. Vodka's quality is based on purity. Filtering it through a Brita multiple times WILL turn the cheapest vodka into top shelf. Your master distiller isn't being biased at all. That's just the cold hard truth of vodka.

There is a brand of vodka out there called "Everclear" You should give it a go. Hell, even Roger Creager wrote a song about it.

grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timesublime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
luksusowa.jpg

Really good and not expensive. A true polish potato vodka.

Reviews </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timesublime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
luksusowa.jpg

Reviews </div></div>

This one gets my vote as well.

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody here drink moonshine? </div></div>
Yes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogmessiah</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody here drink moonshine? </div></div>
Yes</div></div>

No. But I'm a welder, I watch"Moonshiners" it is legal soooo, I'm thinking about building a still. That would be cool !

Technically everclear is Grain alcohol, not vodka at all.
Iwent to buy some Everclear for cleaning chores in the gunroom and topical medicine, and lo and behold it is no longer available here. So I got a half gallon of 100proof vodka...cheaper anyway.

Not a vodka fan myself, but a couple people I know drink grey goose.

I love the stoli's...kept in freezer...kettle one not bad either..
I do drink moonshine when I go back home to Memphis....good stuff!!

I usually keep Ketel One on hand.

My wife likes Grey Goose just because the name sounds fancy, at least that's what I think.

I tend to drink my drinks pretty strong so I usually go for middle to higher shelf stuff. I don't drink often, but when I do I like them to taste good.

I ran out of Ketel One and had some of the Grey Goose. I'll be damned if the stuff isn't delicious.

Your in Texas man. Take my word for it and get a bottle of Tito's Vodka. Made and distilled in Austin and better than Grey Goose hands down. ~$15 / bottle depending on the liquor store.

bottle-titos.jpg

Tito's vodka hands down. I've had all ranges from grey goose, ketel one, skyy, etc. Tito's is cheaper than almost all of them, smoother than all of them (including the high dollar bottles), and mixes extremely well.

I haven't researched their claim but on the Tito's bottles they claim they won a blind taste test of all the major makes. After tasting it I sure as hell believe them!

I drink Goose and will occasionally go Ketel One or Absolute.

Bang for the buck is prob Skyy or Titos. I much and VASTLY prefer Goose to all of them tho.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I drink Goose and will occasionally go Ketel One or Absolute.

Bang for the buck is prob Skyy or Titos. I much and VASTLY prefer Goose to all of them tho. </div></div>

Goose is more like Goose shit
grin.gif

I prefer Stoli elite for sippin. Now Titos run through a Brita twice is nice too.

ABSOLUTE best band for the buck for me is 3 Olives...$18.95 bottle and it's not crap. I do enjoy Ketel One and my favorite but much more expensive. I go back and forth and support them both

Tito's vodka handsdown is a great deal for quality and price. They make it just a few miles away from me here in Austin. I've met the guys over there and they are a top notch crew with an awesome product. My Dad drinks cheap crap vodka that comes in gallon looking plastic jugs. I try to buy him Tito's as gifts so he doesn't rot his insides away on that jug crap.

I don't know if the Costco's near you sell liquor or not but the Kirkland brand Vodka is made by Grey Goose and is 4 or 5 times distilled . It was 17 or 18 bucks a handle when I was in Vegas and I drank the snot out of it mixed with lemonade . About 2 drinks in you could ad a tablespoon of Lemonade to a big glass of Vodka and ice then hammer it back ..... SMOOOOOOTH and refreshing
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McLarenRoss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your in Texas man. Take my word for it and get a bottle of Tito's Vodka. Made and distilled in Austin and better than Grey Goose hands down. ~$15 / bottle depending on the liquor store.

bottle-titos.jpg
</div></div>

Ok. Now I HAVE to try this. Shiner is always in my fridge. Its only fitting that a Texas Vodka be in the cabinet.

"Its like a whole other country"

Tito's.....I don't know if it's available here in Colorado, I will have to inquire. I'm always looking for a new Vodka. Looks like it comes recommended by a few folks here.

This here Polish potato vodka put me in the hospital for AAP, so in my book it's good. Chopin for you fine vodka guys and Kalashnikov streight from Russia is good. Back when you could get 180 proof or whatever everclear, I went around drinking streight shots a whole night and had no tastebuds the next day. Gonna have to try the filter trick myself though.

luksusowa.jpg

Reviews </div></div>

Vodka is meant to be drank frozen. Kept in the freezer, alongside the glasses. Serve it straight, cold, and smooth.

Partial to Reyka, around here. Going to definitely look into the Brita trick though.

Anyone else have anything to add, regarding the "filtering" of distillates? Interesting discourse, right there!

If I'm drinking vodka i go with Kettle One, but if im buying vodka for my friends who don't care i go for the SVEDKA. $22 dollars a half gallon and its smooth and flavorless enough to drink straight. Its a dangerous mixer because just a little cranberry or lemonade and you have no idea you're drinking 9 shots in a rocks glass. Take care so no one gets pregnant.

I gotta go with McLarenRoss and Halcyon612 on this one; Tito's is <span style="text-decoration: underline">insanely</span> good vodka, IMO. In fact, I'll go ahead and say it is my very favorite.

Soberly yours,

David

Vikingfjord..I was turned onto this from an old school Russian scientist who is a colleague of mine. His choice vodka, very smooth.

I know the women have to have their vodka cranberry, but for the menfolk better get some good bourbon on hand!

Wow, you boys are lucky I found this site! Svedka hands down value in terms of quality and price. I cannot prove anything but I believe they use spring water in there distilling process like gray goose these are the only 2 I can over indulge with and not pray for death the following day. I know some of the cheaper low quality ones use distilled water which is stripped of minerals and promotes dehydration.

You like that shit cuz I pulled it all out of my ass!!!

dripping springs is another texas vodka, that is pretty killer. We always jaev it around the house.

Shakers Vodka was the very best. Filtered four times to remove impurities. Smooth as silk, and no hang-over headaches. Not available any more.

Svedka or Smirnoff 100 proof if I'm trying to save a nickle. Belvedere if not.

I'm a big fan of Goose and Belvedere, but I think Tito's and Russian Standard are both very good for the price.

We usually rotate between 3 different brands in our house...Ketal One, Goose, and Belvedere. In my opinion, of the three we use, Ketal One is probably the better one for general mixing, etc. Goose and Belvedere are great, but are a bit more on the pricey side.

Chopin for me over Belvedere...less $ where I shop, and theoretically a smaller batch distillery if that makes you feel fuzzy too. Either one really brings out the nuances of my life-giving elixir, the almighty RedBull.

Tito's is good but I found Crater Lake vodka at Bev Mo and Total Wine. It is under $25 per 5th and is distilled 10 times. I was told by a wine and beverage expert the after 5 or 6 times it doesn't matter anymore but I love the stuff.

clVodka.png

Ketel One in a pinch.

Tito's is #2, 1.75 for $26.99, which is really a great deal.

Glacier is my favorite. U.S., potato, super clean. 75ml for $19.99.

DSC_02211.jpg

my money is well spent on grey goose, i love it as a dirty martini.

(i will try titos someday though)

I would go with Tito's for the price of $15 a bottle. It is the best bang for your buck.