• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision VooDoo-S, -M

Now that looks Very Interesting. Wonder how many bones they gonna run.

Last I heard current lead times to dealers was 60 days. They are kick ass units...all I can say about them for now ?

Man that’s nice. Can’t wait to see what’s new for 2020. Hopefully prices will come
Down on nice toys like this.

No hands on experience, but based on the convo and expectations, it's more likely comparable to a Skeet than a Clip-On like the UTC or Tig. Once they're available, I'll snag one and do some testing.

Reactions: deersniper
MAKO15 has a new Voodoo-S. They’re $15K now. Better than Skeet in some respects.

I had a Voodoo-S over a year ago when they were $12K. It was what I’d call an “early” unit. They’ve improved considerably.

It’s a better Skeet overall, especially as a clip-on.

@mako15 will be along shortly.

Reactions: stefan73
The image is a little more "thermal sensitive" for lack of a better term than the skeet due to the 12um versus 17um core in the skeet and shows objects thermally clearer than the skeet. It has some extra features like a zero memory setting for 3 different zero configurations. The menu doesn't invert for upside down (helmet) use but is still totally usable. And it has tracIR. Also, digital zoom is 1x, 2x and 4x, while Skeet is 0.5, 1x, and 2x. Having 4x is quite useful and its pretty clear, and its available without having to go through the menu system (just hit one of the top 4 buttons to cycle through magnifications).

Last edited:
@mako15 do you or anyone else have any images through the VDS to compare?

Since they have both been out for a while, has anyone given the VooDoo M a try? I am thinking of taking the plunge since the UTC-Xii is pretty much unobtanium at this point. The reason I am not interested in the Tig is I am looking for tracIR support and it seems like my options are pretty limited.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
@mako15 do you or anyone else have any images through the VDS to compare?

Since they have both been out for a while, has anyone given the VooDoo M a try? I am thinking of taking the plunge since the UTC-Xii is pretty much unobtanium at this point. The reason I am not interested in the Tig is I am looking for tracIR support and it seems like my options are pretty limited.
The Voodoo-M is an improved UTC-Xii with TracIR support.

Reactions: stefan73
The Voodoo-M is an improved UTC-Xii with TracIR support.

A bit of a stretch, but I hope it to be true.

Big difference: prism collimation.

Edit to add: I think 99% of shooters will be impressed with the Voodoo-M's unique capabilities as a clip-on. Despite the prism which doesn't lend well to form factor or weight, this unit will be genuinely capable of competing in the best-of-the-best air-cooled space.

Last edited:
Reactions: deersniper
I want to hear and see more plz. @TheHorta what happened to the thermal roundup you were going to do once your tigger showed up?

@avidflyer he had mentioned doing a comparison between the TIG, Voodoo and a couple other high end thermals. Pretty cool to see stuff like this coming out. TracIR is a nice touch

I basically left the forums. I’ve dipped my toe back in to make random forum incursions, but I probably won’t go back to being a contributor of any value again — at least not for some time. I slither around in private groups and forums now, for the most part. Dedicated NV heavy hitters where I’m small taters. ;)

basically left the forums.
9CFD02EC-6E66-42AE-B1CE-BF0B76F99AF6.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TheHorta
My bad. Not prism. Uses magic to avoid POI shift.
Their spec sheet for the M says:

“VooDoo-M features a patent pending dual-lateral Matrix adjustment mechanism to achieve zero POA/POI shift.”

Could be magic, or finicky. If no one else is going to step up, I might just have to give it a try.