• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex 1-4 PST

rescueswimmer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2007
STL, MO
Just got my 1-4 PST, Just wanted to let anybody who may be on the fence about picking one up not to worry. Glass is real clear, Turrets are very tactile and the reticule is nice and visible in the sun. If your in the market for a 1-4x I would not hesitate to pick one up.

I had the Millet DMS first and found the glass crappy and the reticule would wash out in the sun, So canned that and went witht the Burris XTR 1-4. Very nice, but the gen 1 reticule would wash out when using outdoors with any type of sun. but had good glass. So went with the vortex and I am more than satisfied. The only thing I will say is the reticle is allot finer on the Vortex compared to the Burris. So you should be able to use it more accurately.

If your looking I think they had 1 left over at 3RP Free Shipping, Now if they would hurry up and get the FFP's in I will be all set

*Larue SPR on an AR

RS

Not sure why but the camera had a hard time picking up the red from the reticle, With it being full sun and snow on the ground you can still pick up the illumination quickly. Not sure why you would need it during the day but it does work, Its not as bright as an eotech but its very usable, also once the sun ducks behind a cloud it gets eotech bright.

I also through in 1x-4x pic of the burris xtr for reference.

1x
IMG_1590.jpg

4x ilum on
IMG_1592.jpg

burris xtr ilum on
1x
IMG_0801.jpg

4x
IMG_0802.jpg

Re: Vortex 1-4 PST

Good to hear, I just put my order in about a week ago for mine. What mount are you running? I'm guessing this is on an ar?

Another reason I love this forum. I was just looking at them again the other night and contemplating on one of these or another Leupold. I think that you may have tipped it for me.

I will try to get some pics up in the morning check back tomorrow. With Vortex's warranty and the quality of the scope, I will be buying another vortex.

Running it on an AR in a larue SPR mount.

I like the Vortex RET over the Burris myself. I have been wanting to try out a Burris but I do not think I will anytime soon. Good info.

Mike @ CST

Funny what you find when one uses the SH Google engine... I just sent funds for one of these to RS- feel a bit more confident now!
Thanks RS.

I recently picked one up for my MK114 and love it. I've got it in a ADM AD-Recon mount. Great glass and a really nice reticle. I've seen complaints about the illumination not being bright enough, but I don't get it. If it's bright enough outside, why do you need illumination? I can tell you in low light/no light, there is more then enough illumination to get the job done. I think it's a perfect little optic for the AR platform. I also highly recommend the switchview throw lever and vortex flip caps!

Here's a few shots of the reticle illuminated indoors in low light. I realized it was only on power 9 after taking the pics.

003+%282%29.JPG

005.JPG

Perfect timing for me too. I have been researching these and have seen only good comments so far. I was looking at the Nightforce (big fan) in the beginning but have seen some less than stellar comments on them. How much light gathering ability do these things have in low light?