• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex 12X50 HD VS 12X50 UHD

The UHD 12x50 has better glass than the HD and comparable to some of the other higher glass on the market. I definitely feel it’s worthy of the cost.

so-far been pretty amazed on the UHD line !
If I had to do it again I would buy another set!

Attachments

• 7139C30A-8177-433A-B56B-CE8D3A205D16.jpeg
    7139C30A-8177-433A-B56B-CE8D3A205D16.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 166E7D44-02F2-4FEE-AF22-F581FFCFC857.jpeg
    166E7D44-02F2-4FEE-AF22-F581FFCFC857.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Wyzrd
I have not had the opportunity to look through UHD 12x pair, but if UHD and HD 10x comparison is any indication, the UHD has obviously superior optical quality. The HD are lighter and more compact though and still do a good job.

Reactions: Wyzrd
I looked through both the other day. Definitely worth the extra money.

Reactions: tob5
I finally was able to compare the two in 10x. Excellent glass! Any noticeable difference in resolution between 12x and 10x in UHD?

Need to identify what is your intended purpose PRS or hunting ,Bird watching ETC ...

Anything 12x and above you will probably want a tripod, 10x is good for hunting and quick target acquisition/hand held etc. but for more long range and detailed work the 12x or 15x are likely better options .

But again what is you intended purpose..
I own Leica HDB 3000 for hunting and UKD matches where the time and fast acquisition of targets are necessary, and the large field of view is needed. Although for PRS when my tripod is typically with me, I use the 12xUHD binos and range targets with my 2700b Leica,
Works well .

so good luck with your choice !

I have not had the opportunity to look through UHD 12x pair, but if UHD and HD 10x comparison is any indication, the UHD has obviously superior optical quality. The HD are lighter and more compact though and still do a good job.

This +1

The UHD vortex is more in line with the big name glass. Price and size and resale you need to think about.

Reactions: UIUCPPQ