• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex 6-24x50 HST

Speedarino

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2017
Shooting with friends this week. One has the Vortex 6-24x50 HST. It did ok on day one going from 100-600yds. Day two 100-600 it was all over the map ( more so with elevation than with windage). I have seen quite a few reports talking about the poor tracking associated with that scope. Some of these reports come from people that I know that have tried them and have been less than satisfied. I appreciate that a $600 scope is not going to track like one 2-5x that price; but has anyone seen them track properly, ever. ( 6.5CM &308 )?
We will run the trashy dog thru a box and ladder test ASAP. Scope level, torqued to specs etc. from the gitgo. Valid information regarding your experience with these will be appreciated good or bad. From what I saw today and have heard in the past I don’t expect to hear a lot of good???
Thanks

I have had one of those scopes mounted on a 7mm Remington Magnum for a few years and it tracks well. It's tracked out to 1000+ and always comes back to zero. I don't shoot this rifle that much so my experience with it has only been for maybe 7-800rnds. So far I'm pleased with it.

I've had one for 3 years. Originally had it on a 260 bolt action. It's been on a 6.5 grendel AR for the past year (in Larue split rings no less). To date no problems with it. That AR even got knocked off the bench a few months ago, hitting the concrete floor resulting in some scratches on both the scope and rifle :( Zero never shifted. I dial it out to 1000 yards and back to 100 yards regularly.