• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex AMG 3-18?

Mrindecisive

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2017
Ohio
Does anyone here think vortex would ever make a 3-18 version of the AMG, or possibly a light weight version of the razor 3-18?

Reactions: Boogieman84
@Mrindecisive

I have been in discussion about this with a friend who works at Vortex.

The issue I see is the current AMG has a 6-24 with a factor of 4 for the erector. Meaning if they continued with that trend you're more likely to see a 3-12 or a 4-16. Whereas the Razor HD lineup is factored by 6... 3-18 and 4.5-27.

He wouldn't give me a firm yes or no on the light weight AMG, but there will be some more models coming out in their LHT lineup.

Not quite the 18x top end you're looking for, but their effort at making a lower powered optic with quality glass for not a lot of money. Exposed elevation turrets and capped windage turrets. 19.1 ounces to boot... My biggest complaint is the reticle options at this point and that it is SFP. Although, with it being 15x on the top end I'm not overly concerned with the ability to mil at lower mag. With all of that being said, I have one on the way. I'll certainly let you know how it performs if you care. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• sub_RazorLHT_3-15x50_HSR-5i_mrad.jpg
    sub_RazorLHT_3-15x50_HSR-5i_mrad.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 40
@Mrindecisive

I have been in discussion about this with a friend who works at Vortex.

The issue I see is the current AMG has a 6-24 with a factor of 4 for the erector. Meaning if they continued with that trend you're more likely to see a 3-12 or a 4-16. Whereas the Razor HD lineup is factored by 6... 3-18 and 4.5-27.

He wouldn't give me a firm yes or no on the light weight AMG, but there will be some more models coming out in their LHT lineup.

Not quite the 18x top end you're looking for, but their effort at making a lower powered optic with quality glass for not a lot of money. Exposed elevation turrets and capped windage turrets. 19.1 ounces to boot... My biggest complaint is the reticle options at this point and that it is SFP. Although, with it being 15x on the top end I'm not overly concerned with the ability to mil at lower mag. With all of that being said, I have one on the way. I'll certainly let you know how it performs if you care. 🤷‍♂️

I'd be interested on your thoughts. If this were in FFP I'd have it on a gun already.

Reactions: Secant
Damn 3-18 AMG I wish. I'm sure it won't be too much longer before they come out with something like this

I’ve asked Sam before about this very topic, at the time they said there’s no plan to build them. Of course he could have been saying that to keep a lid on things or possibly is that they don’t really see the point of a 3-18 AMG.

This topic has been talked about for a couple of years and I would be all in on a lower power AMG but who knows.

I think 3-18 are everywhere. 3.5-21 would be awesome!

A 4-16 AMG would make an already versatile, lightweight optic even more versatile and lightweight. I’d be all in on one and Vortex would be smart to offer it. I own two 6-24 AMG’s and it’s hard to like anything else.

I agree the LHT being SFP is a turn off, and I’m personally not a fan of capped turrets, even windage. I much prefer locking turrets. Personal preference really.