• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex AMG vs NF NX8

Interesting thread.

I liked the 4-32x50 NX8 and was very unimpressed with the other two, but sample variation could be at play.

As a general observation, with Nightforce, I really like the ATACR scopes, but I am not real big on their lower end products.

I do think the AMG is a better scope than the NX8 in terms of image quality and it is very competitive with the ATACR.

NX8 4-32x50 is a very competent crossover design, but a lot of people who can put up with a bit more weight might be better served with one of LOW's 4.5-30x56 variants that cost a little less and work very well.

Another observation is that in all the years I have been talking about scopes, I have had good and bad things to say about nearly all of them, so I have had all sorts of brand fanboys yell at me for being unkind to their brand of choice.

In the scope world, Nightforce seems to have by far the most dedicated fanboys which is a testament to how effective their marketing is.

ILya
More of a testament to thier turrets tracking and holding zero .

43BA3061-D6F3-4845-A8FA-53E4DD855D5A.jpeg

^still worked afterwards except mag was locked on 15

Gaytex would have disintegrated

View attachment 7379726

^still worked afterwards except mag was locked on 15

Gaytex would have disintegrated

Virtually any scope would work more or less the same way if the bullet went through a place in the tube where there are no lenses.

Nightforce scopes are very well made, but this particular picture does not say anything about it. It has shock value, but means nothing.

ILya

I have two Tract Toric 4.5-30x56, and I got behind my friend's Razor HD AMG. Which part part of the scope do you mean by blowing it out of the water? I'm just curious... in sunny, mirage like days, they were about equal with the Razor HD AMG pulling slightly ahead in terms of cutting through the mirage.

In the rainy low light situation, the Tract Toric slightly pulled ahead.

The Tract has more elevation adjustment, it is a 34mm tube with 56mm obj compared to the 30mm / 50mm of the HD AMG. It is a lot heavier though.
it was during a hot AZ day with really bad mirage...could barely see the gong at 700 yards with AMG...TRACT was easy to see the gong....Up til then I thought the AMG was the shitz...my next scopes will be TRACT...

Reactions: deersniper