• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Backordered 7 weeks?

LanceS4803

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2011
Middle TN
Ordered a Vortex Viper HS from one of their vendors. Was told delivery would be 1-2 weeks.
Received email yesterday that the scope would now not ship until the end of March.

In addition to the run on ARs and ammo, is there also a run on scopes? At this rate, my custom barrel will be here before the scope!

Re: Vortex Backordered 7 weeks?

I don't think so, You should try these guys I picked up a PST last week from them. They didn't have what I needed in stock but got it quickly to me. use CC " FKFEINSTEIN "

Which model?

I've recently picked up the MidwayUSA HS special and I also picked up a used 6-24 PST MIL/MIL FFP. I am looking to pick up another 6-24 PST MIL/MIL either FFP or SFP to go on my trainer.

There are some models that seem to be in higher demand than others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rescueswimmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think so, You should try these guys I picked up a PST last week from them. They didn't have what I needed in stock but got it quickly to me. use CC " FKFEINSTEIN " </div></div>

Based on your recommendation, and the fact they are an hour from my house, I ordered their last PST 6-24 FFP scope. Already have a UPS tracking number and I says it should be to me by Monday.

They are good people, I had mine in about 3 days, Considering the craziness of the industry I was pleasantly surprised. I have one of the new 2.5x10's on order. Cant wait for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: capreppy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which model?
There are some models that seem to be in higher demand than others.</div></div>

Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44 LR
My order is already in, even so, I may call Vortex on Monday and see what is going on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rescueswimmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are good people, I had mine in about 3 days, Considering the craziness of the industry I was pleasantly surprised. I have one of the new 2.5x10's on order. Cant wait for it.

</div></div>

According to the UPS tracking, my scope is getting shipped from IL, even though 3Rivers is in Pittsburgh. Was this the same for you?

I saw the same thing on my invoice, I talked with a sales rep and the owner is from Pittsburgh, hence the name. 3 Rivers.

RS

let us know what you think.I like to see other people's take on something i may have missed in my own review.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rescueswimmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw the same thing on my invoice, I talked with a sales rep and the owner is from Pittsburgh, hence the name. 3 Rivers.

RS

let us know what you think.I like to see other people's take on something i may have missed in my own review. </div></div>

10-4. Will do. I am upgrading to this scope from a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x (trying to sell). I need to get a set of rings, but I am waiting for the scope to get here to do some measuring. I would like to get a set of Burris XTR lows (which I had for my Nikon), but I want to make sure everything will clear.

I just got my PST 6-24 FFP MilRad from AAOpics 42769Vette here on the Hide. I have one on backorder from Optics Planet that I got a smokin deal on and I am just going to sell it when it gets in. I am really happy with the PST. I upgraded from a Millet TRS 4-16 Mil/Mil.

meant to say that my optics planet order was placed right after Christmas and I have been told that it would be a "couple more weeks" several times now. Last they told me is March 8-15th or so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwsenoj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got my PST 6-24 FFP MilRad from AAOpics 42769Vette here on the Hide. I have one on backorder from Optics Planet that I got a smokin deal on and I am just going to sell it when it gets in. I am really happy with the PST. I upgraded from a Millet TRS 4-16 Mil/Mil. </div></div>

got my PST6-24 SFP MOA from AAOptics... He was great to work with

I ordered my Vortex Viper PST 6-24x FFP MOA, from Cameralandny on wednesday and recieved it today! 3 days from NY to OK is damn good for processing and shipping. I wasn't expecting it until next week. Needless to say I was very excited!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LanceS4803</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered a Vortex Viper HS from one of their vendors. Was told delivery would be 1-2 weeks.
Received email yesterday that the scope would now not ship until the end of March.

In addition to the run on ARs and ammo, is there also a run on scopes? At this rate, my custom barrel will be here before the scope! </div></div>

7 weeks? That's nothing compared to my scope wait!!! Try 9 months and counting.....

I ordered a pst 4-16 x 50 moa from amazon. (had a bunch of hotel points) said was going to ship from optics planet in 5 to 7 days. optics planet emailed me on the following monday and said 3 to 5 weeks before it would ship.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mwsenoj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">meant to say that my optics planet order was placed right after Christmas and I have been told that it would be a "couple more weeks" several times now. Last they told me is March 8-15th or so. </div></div>

Yep, me as we'll. I bought mine on Black Friday and it is finally going to be here tomorrow. They quoted me several dates over that time span and missed all of them. They blamed it on vortex having a huge back order on that particular model. They do seem to have the MOA one available though. They (optics planet) told me two weeks ago that they are expecting a shipment from vortex at the begining of march. Maybe you'll get lucky!

I had the same problem until I found one on here NIB. So I cancelled that order from Optics Planet only to have them send me an email saying that the merchandise was in stock if I still wanted it. Sounds like the Planet may not be the best to deal with, or is it Vortex feeding them lip service?

pst scopes seem to be easier to get than the new ffp 6-24 hs with the xlr reticle. Ordered one on the 14th of jan hopefully it will get here in the next month as my rifle will be done

Looks like it pays to make sure they have the scope IN STOCK when you order.

missed it by a few hours as it showed in stock, but as of now every other place i have checked is waiting on the 6-24 so i will just wait it out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">7 weeks? That's nothing compared to my scope wait!!! Try 9 months and counting....</div></div>

What scope did you order???

This is the reply I got from Vortex concerning the backorder status of their HS (hunting) scopes:
"Thanks for contacting Vortex Optics. We’re currently out of all the Viper 4-16x44 HS scopes, the expected delivery date is correct that BassPro gave out."

BassPro, which had the scope at $200 off normal price, said it would be in at the end of March.
So, I have a base coming in but will have to wait to get rings until I have the scope in hand to get accurate measurements.

I made the mistake of ordering mine from Opticsplanet also. I ordered it on 11/26/12 and it finally shipped and is supposed to arrive on 2/14/13. Never again

Gent's Unless your a dealer constantly ordering scopes to have a steady stream of scopes, you will have a lag. I order weekly to ensure i have a stock of them. If you still need one PM me I will take care of you.

A few days ago I was talking with a sales rep from vortex on their military pricing and was quoted 1-3 months on the viper PST 6-24. I have no patience so I found a used one and went that route. Could of saved a few dollars if I would of just waited but life is too short for that!!!

I got my Vortex PST 6-24x50 FFP MRAD off the brown truck today. 3 Rivers Precision did A-OK in my book, thank you Rescueswimmer.

Everything was packed nice in the box and first impressions are the scope is big and heavy. Boris the Blade would say it feels "reliable".

I just did some knob turning to see how everything works and to look through the glass. The zoom ring is a little tough to rotate, but thats OK because I don't want a loose zoom. The glass looks really clear and the reticle is very nice and crisp. There is definitely a positive click response for the turret adjustments. The turrets may be a little too easy to turn, but I want to reserve judgement for when I get the scope mounted and on the range.

I am waiting on rings so I can mount it on my Savage 10FP. Looks like the Burris XTR lows I have coming will be just fine with room to spare for the Butler Creek Caps. I may be able to go a little lower if I so choose. We'll see when I get it mounted and shoot with it a bit.

I will post more when I get to the range.

Thanks 3 Rivers Precision and Rescueswimmer.

PKT,

Glad they worked out for you. They have always taken good care of me, So I like to give them a little props when I can, Especially helping out a fellow veteran owned company. I love Vortex's stuff.

I just ordered the new HS LR from those guys says it should be here in a few days. Now I need to sell a PST. The wife is going to kill me if she sees all the glass I have bought recently.
blush.gif

RS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rescueswimmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PKT,

Glad they worked out for you. They have always taken good care of me, So I like to give them a little props when I can, Especially helping out a fellow veteran owned company. I love Vortex's stuff.

I just ordered the new HS LR from those guys says it should be here in a few days. Now I need to sell a PST. The wife is going to kill me if she sees all the glass I have bought recently.
blush.gif

RS </div></div>

I'm with ya... my wife has a hard time opening the safe (4 turns right, 3 turns left, etc.) which is good for me... she rarely gets to see what I'm hiding in there currently.

Joe