• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Vortex BDC Reticle

z71rat

Gunny
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2004
Whitney, TX
I have been looking for a while now, and I can't find the specifications anywhere about this reticle. What caliber and bullet weight and muzzle velocity was this designed around??

I am still looking at the Vortex line as my final scope to purchase, but I am just looking for some more details. Thanks!!

DK

Re: Vortex BDC Reticle

It's on their site. Click on a bdc scope and click <span style="text-decoration: line-through">reticle</span> specs. They have all the subtensions listed right there.

I hope they do not mind me posting it.

VortexBDC.jpg

Austan,
Certainly do not mind and thank you for doing it. We greatly appreciate it.

We also will soon have a section on our LRBC (long range ballistic calculator) for our bdc reticle that will tell you what ranges each of the dots represent for your load.

Scott

Just missed the closeouts on 2-7x32 BDC's. Had a nice home on my 20" AR waiting for it. Got the V plex instead and am very happy so far. Nice little scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's on their site. Click on a bdc scope and click <span style="text-decoration: line-through">reticle</span> specs. They have all the subtensions listed right there. </div></div>

Thanks Austan, I guess I just looked right past it...

DK

Thought it was pretty smart to use a mil windage system in a ballistic reticle.

Even better, something new on our Long Range Ballistic Calculator that just went live the other day...

Click here: http://www.vortexoptics.com/content/lrbc_tutorials

Launch the LRBC, then click on the "Ballistic Reticle" tab at the top. Select your reticle and input your ballistics and it will tell you exactly what your drops are on that reticle. It will also give you wind and angle corrections. Then you can print off the card and keep it with you for reference.

-Sam

ETA: Totally missed Scott already beat me to it!
smile.gif