• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Brings Back MOA/MRAD Reticle Eyepieces for Spotters in 2018

devldogs55

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2014
N. Idaho
Just got the e-mail. Looks like there might be and updated Gen 2 Razor HD spotter, but I can't tell what the difference is. And the best thing I've heard this week: MRAD reticle eyepiece for the spotter!

Last edited:
Wow. Any date projected? Do you think it will fit the current 27-60x85mm Razor or a new version?

I'm actually trying to figure that out right now. The e-mail makes it look like they're releasing a "3rd Gen" 27-60x85.. but it doesn't look much different from the one I've got right now. I'm not even sure it is different.

Oh! I didn't even catch that. They're releasing a 20-60x85, but the eyepiece is for the 27-60x85

Viper vs Razor, two totally different product lines.

Yep.. that's another one I missed. Thanks. I own the Razor HD 27-60x85 so it looks like my spotter is compatible with this new ranging eyepiece.

This might be a stupid question - but do these ranging reticle eyepieces function like a FFP scope? They would be pretty useless if they only were functional at a certain magnification.

Hmmm interesting. I'm excited to find out some more details. I was really not happy with any other offerings out there for ranging spotters. I think a fixed power ranging eyepiece would be a small disappointment, but better than nothing.

i guess it will lift the HD Gen 2 spotting scope sales. Hope it compatible with the HD Gen 1

I think the reticle eyepiece is FFP, assuming Vortex wouldve put the magnification if it was fixed.

I'm be picking one up if they function like a FFP scope.
I had a 30x and was disappointed with it being fixed.

I look forward to the Vortex HD 15-45x65 w/ranging reticle. A good balance in weight and portability when having to hike it out somewhere.