• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Bubble Scope level

CK_32

Saving Ryans Privates
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2010
Anyone have any pros or cons with these not fitting under and in between scopes?

I've been looking at getting a scope bubble for my 700 and LR308 build for a while now and my shop finally got some in stock. Only down side is I noticed the ring it self for he bubble is pretty thick and saw some people had complaints of it being bulky..

My fear is I want to make sure these fit around my 30mm tubes under my badger low rings and in between my LaRue SPR mount.

Also how we'll do these work? I've seen the higher end options but sorry I'm not dropping $130 for a bubble level in a scope ring..

So anyone have any issues or know for a fact if I will have trouble running these on my set ups?

I use them on various scopes/rifles. Never had any clearance issues. They are a little bulky compared to others on the market, but the price is right and they work.

No problems on this end.I nave 3 already and need another for a 30mm.

I just got one last week. I'm using Seekins low rings with a 30mm scope and no clearance issues.

That interesting as i too got the Low seekins mounts and the base of the level is thicker and doesnt allow the scope to lay flat across all 3 points. I'm wondering what I need to do?

Vortex Bubble Scope level

I got mine in the mail the other day, installed with no issues and even though I haven't shot it yet it's already showed me that I had been canting my rifle when I was holding it.

i had to shave a little bit off the bottom of mine to clear, im using night for ultra low rings

I have one on my Vortex PST sitting in Leupold PRW medium rings. There is plenty of clearance between the bottom of the level and the rail but I did have to take the scope off to mount it.

I wish they had a smaller bubble and maybe a little more compact arm. The other is if it's put in front of the scope knobs, you can't see it without raising your head off the stock. The good part when I removed it there were no ring marks, but I only tighten it to 15 inch lbs.

They are bulky but affordable. I have several. If it doesn't fit probably wont be much just file or Drexel it down

They aren't bad, fit fine on 34mm with low tps rings. They are quite sharp and bulky though. I took a file to mine and rounded every corner and edge, then refinished. Now when slung i don't get clawed at by the level.

How do y'all install and make sure your level is level?

I used another level to make sure my table was level and that same other level to make sure my aiming line was vertical, that got me to be able to mount and aim the scope to get it fairly level, then I attached the vortex scope bubble and leveled it and since everything else was level it should be too. I'm not saying this is perfect and thus perhaps not good enough for 1k plus shooting, but it works for 600yd shooting. I have one each on my 7.62 NATO and .338LM rifles and they work fine. I will say that while shooting yesterday at 0F I noticed the vortex level bubble (the bubble inside the tube) split into several smaller "bubblets", so maybe there is a low temperature issue. My Redfield (not water/fog proof) spotting scope fogged up as usual, but the Leupold scope on the 7.62 soldiered on as usual. So maybe the vortex bubbles are cheaper in part because they can't take cooler temps. I've shot twice before in the past several weeks at 0F and -5F and not noticed this problem, but I did yesterday. I've only had these vortex bubbles since early December, so don't have that much field experience with them yet. But haven't had one fail yet.

I have a 30mm level, when was using the Badger .823 rings with a Badger 20MOA base, it wouldn't fit. Once I bought a NF NXS and went to the .883 rings it fit with no problems. I have it mounted forward of my knobs and have no problem seeing it. The only issue I have with it is the bubble splitting into two bubbles after each shot. Sometimes I have to rock the rifle back and forth to let the bubbles become one bubble again. That sounded kinda weird, oh well, that's it.

i have one of these levels and have no clearance issue on mine

I have a 30mm level, when was using the Badger .823 rings with a Badger 20MOA base, it wouldn't fit. Once I bought a NF NXS and went to the .883 rings it fit with no problems. I have it mounted forward of my knobs and have no problem seeing it. The only issue I have with it is the bubble splitting into two bubbles after each shot. Sometimes I have to rock the rifle back and forth to let the bubbles become one bubble again. That sounded kinda weird, oh well, that's it.

Fired with vortex bubble on Savage 110BA .338LM yesterday and bubble split into three bubbles. Temp was 25F. I agitated the rifle as A300fe1 said and got back to one bubble. Now I think it is recoil causing the bubble to split, not temp. In fact, as I think about it, colder temps should reduce the occurrence as the fluid gets thicker. Anyway, this has now happened twice to me, though once ever other month (previous time was in December) is not unacceptable.

When it happened yesterday, it was after the first shot of the day and it did not happen again.

imho they are perfect. i mount mine in frt of turrets with bubble to left side, its continuously visable with my open left eye.

if the bottom half of level is too thick shave some off. no big deal

material is aluminum

if whatever rifle your shooting has so much recoil its messin up the bubble im wondering why you choose that rifle to "rapidly" shoot multiple targets. i ran one on a 300wm fast as i could accurately shoot follow up shots in alot of different conditions with no issue whatsoever.

in short, there great . go for it

Never really felt the need. My Spuhr mounts have a built in bubble level and I do use them to insure my gun is level prior to installing a scope. I checked the Spuhr level on a surface plate we have at work and it is spot on. I can see cant by observing my cross hairs and don't bother with anything I cannot see. My gun doesn't seem to care either.

I have run them all and NOTHING compares to Flatline Ops levels. Fit, Finish, Fitment and Funtion. I run them on all my rigs now and yes even on my 338LM and even with my Spuhr mounts which the levels are an after thought and useless. You won't find a better level if you want one or use them.

Last edited:
No clearance issues with a low profile Armalite AR10 mount and 30mm rings, I dont find it to be that bulky and it is helpful for all the times I feel like I am sitting/laying level but really am not. Worth the money for sure