• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Customer Service

SouthPawShooter

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2010
Kansas
I had a new Vortex Viper 6-24PST, bought it about a month ago and Sunday night while installing the shims in it grease was blown down into the scope by air pressure from putting the turret back on the scope. Not sure how but it did. Anyway when I looked through my scope there were two dot's of grease inside the scope at about 10 O clock so I looked at the lenses and realized it was inside the scope itself so I called Vortex Optics and told them about it and informed them that deer hunting opens Wednesday and what could they do to help me out. THey put me on hold for a few seconds then got back with me. They said if I will give them my credit card # that they would not charge me for a new scope as long as they receive mine in a timely manner. They emailed me a shipping label to send mine to them and over nighted me a new one through FedEx that just got to my house 20min. They payed shipping both ways and got it to me on time to go sight my gun back in in time for opening rifle season. NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE IF YOU ASK ME!

Re: Vortex Customer Service

O YA and they had it on a truck in less then an hour in a half from when I spoke to them.I sent mine within an hour to them.

Yeah that king of good service is almost old hat around here now? Which brings to mind how good is your service when folks are not even surprised anymore?
My long story made short is they picked up mine and had a new PST back to me in seven days.
I have talked with them several times now to ask questions and they have been stellar the whole way!
Now I am a Vortex fan boy and would not think of buying anything but Vortex!

That was part of the deciding factor in buying my new Vortex 1-6, knowing that they will take care of me when I need it means a lot to me.

Good to hear about their excellent service....but it kind of pisses me off a little bit too. I've been waiting since the the beginning of Oct for mine to arrive from one of their dealers! Where did you buy yours from?

Happy shooting though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sp2Pilot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good to hear about their excellent service....but it kind of pisses me off a little bit too. I've been waiting since the the beginning of Oct for mine to arrive from one of their dealers! Where did you buy yours from?

Happy shooting though. </div></div>

I have also been waiting over a month from optics planet and was originally told 10-15 days now its suppsidly going to be 2 months from my original order date I guess. they said it will be in stock this friday and ship friday we'll see about that, I'm not holding my breathe

^^^
I see they have a MRAD in stock right now. MOA(what I ordered) still seems to be out of stock.

I love my Vortex PST, it has been solid for me.

Although Optics Planet gave me the string along routine until I got fed up with the delays, and got one from my buddy at Short Action Precision.

Definently great cust service for me as well. I ordered 2 of their 6-25x50 1in tube Crossfires for $99 when they were on sale on SWFA and I figured hell with a lifetime waranty even if they are cheap i can afford the little down time. I put one on my Savage 10FP .308 and one on my Savage Mark II .22 the one on the .308 worked perefectly; the .22 not so much the magnifier ring was froze after about 3 mags. I had bought a scope and the gun at the same time and due to an issue with the gun it was sent back for warranty and it was 6weeks before I got to try out the scope well I called SWFA and they said they don't offer the scope anymore and really only thing they could do would be refund me or sell me a diff scope. I opted for neither and asked for the number to Vortex and they had a new one at my door within the week and took care of shipping both ways. Big Thumbs up to them