• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Customer Support - Excellent!

heathtx

I Hit some, I miss some
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2011
I recently bought a very nice Vortex Razor 27-60X85 spotting scope from an individual for a great price. He was upfront and honest about condition.

I emailed Vortex today and was honest describing the transaction and items that I wanted. 30 minutes later I have an email saying the parts were ordered and would be shipped to me at no charge.

Wow, Wow, Wow!!

Thank you Vortex!!!!!

Can’t say anything but good about them, I’ve damaged two scopes dragging them through brush and they just mailed me new caps before the call ended, top tier customer service, and other than the damage I’ve done to my scopes myself they all still work perfectly, haven’t had a single major issue with any of them.

I've told this story before about somewhat wide bodied friend of mine whose tree stand collapsed under him and destroyed both his left knee and his Viper scope as it bounced down the ladder and there was the tinkle of broken glass inside.

He contacted Vortex, truthfully told them exactly what happened, and just asked if they thought it was worth repairing.

They immediately sent him a new scope for no cost at all.

Last edited:
Sent my Vortex Viper Gen II PST 5-25X50 back for illumination issue. Ate batteries in the off position in ~ 3 weeks. The replaced a chip that was NG. Got it back in 2 weeks. Hopefully they fixed the problem.

Reactions: Baron23
I love Vortex too, but here is an issue/question I need to pose:

I've had a Strike Eagle mounted by 2 different gunsmiths and one of these gunsmiths mounted it twice. On my 300WM it wouldn't hold zero for even one shot, and the gunsmith agreed. So I put it on a 6.5CM and she started holding zero finally, but then she loses her zero periodically throughout the year. While she's zeroed, she is a tack driver, the most accurate gun I own. But then she loses zero again down the road. Anyway, the service department at Vortex has a guy named Travis Jones, who will not ever say there is anything wrong with this scope AT ALL. He has started to insult my trigger pull (at 100 yards for God's sake) comparing me to his wife who he says struggles to group with his 1/2 MOA hand loads. It has started to feel like extreme gaslighting.

So I'm curious, is there no such thing as a scope that has zero holding issues? Or is it always operator error? Because that's what our conversation has boiled down to after I confirmed that all 3 of us (me & gunsmiths) followed his instructions/tips for mounting and zeroing.

Keep in mind, she wouldn't hold zero for even one shot on a 300WM, but will hold zero for an undetermined length of time/number of shots on a 6.5CM.